• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x SPU25-15 Communication Error

chattanooga

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hello all-
Just got a new 2020 242x (one of the last to be found). I want and hope to really love this boat ... however, on my 3rd outing and right at 10 hrs, I am getting the SPU25-15 Communication Error (and the annoying buzzer) and it cycles through multiple errors -Stereo, GPS, depth, etc. The Connext display seems to lose function and on at least one occasion the display completely locked up/froze. Turning off and back on resets the error (painfully slow boot) but it comes right back. I see one other post here about this error but no real resolution. I seem to recall another post somewhere where someone mentioned the "dreaded SPU error" but I cannot relocate. Any others discover a resolution to this? Is this common? I will head to the dealer Tuesday for repair but wondering if this is a common issue and easy fix?

Thanks. Hopefully looking forward to much boating fun with this group.

Disappointed in Chattanooga.

chattanooga

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Update for anyone that might face this issue in the future. Took the boat to the dealer and after 2 weeks, they finally got to it. Turns out the factor had not correctly tightened the connections at the battery switch so the loose connection was causing the problem. Others had posted in other threads that the issue is likely loose connections and indeed it was.

CalebEnright

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Update for anyone that might face this issue in the future. Took the boat to the dealer and after 2 weeks, they finally got to it. Turns out the factor had not correctly tightened the connections at the battery switch so the loose connection was causing the problem. Others had posted in other threads that the issue is likely loose connections and indeed it was.
Thank you for the follow up. Just bought one of the last unicorns Friday and put 7hrs on it Sat. Trying to figure out what bugs I’m headed into.

chattanooga

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Only other issues I have had - occasional BCU Error message. Boat Control Unit. So far, pushing throttle full on and full reverse with motors off has made this go away each time. Also had a stick lodge between an impeller and had to pull drive unit to remove (that one greeted me morning of July 4).