• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

24V Ride on cars for kids

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone here have suggestions for 12 or 24V ride on 2 seaters for little ones?

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look on facebook marketplace and Find a used powerwheels barbie jeep or mustang. Take out the 12 volt battery. Install milwaukee m18 18 volt battery. Lots of fun for the kids.
You can get a base with 2 wires on Amazon for around $20..
My kid use to melt the plastic wheels off in about 4 weeks.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Look on facebook marketplace and Find a used powerwheels barbie jeep or mustang. Take out the 12 volt battery. Install milwaukee m18 18 volt battery. Lots of fun for the kids.
You can get a base with 2 wires on Amazon for around $20..
My kid use to melt the plastic wheels off in about 4 weeks.
wait. what? You just blew my mind.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a PowerWheels Dune Buggy for my boys. It was exceptionally durable while we had it. I ditched the stock power wheels battery and got a higher Ahr battery from the local batteries plus store. Used a cheap Walmart 12V charger to keep the battery in good shape. From there, we just ran the wheels off it.

Once they got used to that level of fun, we got a 48V dirt bike for the oldest, and the youngest got a 24V quad. Sold the power wheels for what I had in it in 15min in Facebook marketplace.

jcb1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a PowerWheels Dune Buggy for my boys. It was exceptionally durable while we had it. I ditched the stock power wheels battery and got a higher Ahr battery from the local batteries plus store. Used a cheap Walmart 12V charger to keep the battery in good shape. From there, we just ran the wheels off it.

Once they got used to that level of fun, we got a 48V dirt bike for the oldest, and the youngest got a 24V quad. Sold the power wheels for what I had in it in 15min in Facebook marketplace.
I second the dune buggy....we have one for our kids and it's been great....it has a low speed lockout for real little kids. whatever you buy, you want to make sure you get one that both of the rear wheels spin. The ones that just have one wheel drive aren't very good. They just spin when the grass is wet and lose traction quickly.

Power Wheels Dune Racer Extreme Green 12V Ride On Vehicle - Walmart.com

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been looking at them for my little guy. Academy has a Viper that's pretty tempting. It's only 12V, and doesn't have the remote control. Seems like they make fairly inexpensive add on kits for that though. My little guy is still too young to actually drive it, so the remote would be handy.

There's also a bunch that are based on lamobs and stuff that look really nice in the 500 to 800 range. Some with 4wd and all kinds of stuff. I'd really like to find him a used c6 corvette bodied power wheels and modify it to look.like mine, but haven't found one yet. The wife is the Facebook person in our family and she doesn't exactly keep up on it though.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking at them for my little guy. Academy has a Viper that's pretty tempting. It's only 12V, and doesn't have the remote control. Seems like they make fairly inexpensive add on kits for that though. My little guy is still too young to actually drive it, so the remote would be handy.

There's also a bunch that are based on lamobs and stuff that look really nice in the 500 to 800 range. Some with 4wd and all kinds of stuff. I'd really like to find him a used c6 corvette bodied power wheels and modify it to look.like mine, but haven't found one yet. The wife is the Facebook person in our family and she doesn't exactly keep up on it though.
We got our Dune Buggy from a lady on Facebook that does those "pallet sales". They go in and buy pallets of "stuff" sight unseen, then unbox it, and sell it on Facebook or Craigslist, etc. Had two of these Dune Buggies on one pallet. Sold one to me for $500, and the other for $400 (it has some damage). Said she paid $50 for the pallet. I think ours had some scratches or something, but was otherwise in great shape.

3yr old and 9yr old in this image. Had plenty of power to move them around the yard at just 24V.
1659354512688.png <--Click for larger image

Racing the neighbor kids a few years back. Jeep had terrible traction in the grass and was behind, despite the load advantage :D
1659354610627.png <--Click for larger image

Similarly we bought G's Razor MX500 from Facebook. Guy couldn't get it to run right. I think we bought it for like $250 or something. I put new batteries in it thinking that was the problem. Nope. The brake calipers needed to be adjusted and cleaned. They wouldn't release, and there's a "kill switch" in each lever that deactivates the motor. Once the levers were allowed to fully retract, it's worked great. Took maybe $150 in parts to get it right.

If you're even a little bit handy with a set of tools, there's nothing mystical in these things. Buying used and refurbing while they're growing into it is the way to go IMO.

THEN......if the love it, buy some quality equipment. We did that with G. Bought the MX500 on Facebook for cheap. Found out he loves the motorcycle, so we bought him a $1,200 48V 1.8kW unit for Christmas last year. He rides it about an hour a day or so, if not more. Was worth figuring out if he liked it first before plunking down the cash on a premium unit. Have offers for $700+ for the MX500, can't decide if we'll sell it or keep it for the younger one at this point.