• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252SD 3D Lettering coming off

Big Wil

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We’ve had our new 252SD since just before Thanksgiving. Been out since then about a dozen times here in NW Florida. After a trip to Pensacola Beach I found the ‘H‘broken and the ‘A‘ missing from the port side ‘Yamaha’ lettering. I simply assumed that tying up to the dock had rubbed the A off and broken the H. I ordered two more, one for a spare. A week later, the letters were missing from starboard side. I did not tie up or dock on that side that day, nor get close to anything that could have rubbed them off. There are no marks on either side and barely any residue from the adhesive.
It was easy to see the dock as the reason at first, but not on the opposite side. And given the curvature of the boat, less likely to reason the dock was the cause in the first place (aside from the broken H).
I now suspect this is the result of rushed production, bad adhesive, or poor quality control and am posting here in case others have had similar issues. If not, hopefully this is isolated.
Of course the replacement letters are back ordered.

Attachments

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
We’ve had our new 252SD since just before Thanksgiving. Been out since then about a dozen times here in NW Florida. After a trip to Pensacola Beach I found the ‘H‘broken and the ‘A‘ missing from the port side ‘Yamaha’ lettering. I simply assumed that tying up to the dock had rubbed the A off and broken the H. I ordered two more, one for a spare. A week later, the letters were missing from starboard side. I did not tie up or dock on that side that day, nor get close to anything that could have rubbed them off. There are no marks on either side and barely any residue from the adhesive.
It was easy to see the dock as the reason at first, but not on the opposite side. And given the curvature of the boat, less likely to reason the dock was the cause in the first place (aside from the broken H).
I now suspect this is the result of rushed production, bad adhesive, or poor quality control and am posting here in case others have had similar issues. If not, hopefully this is isolated.
Of course the replacement letters are back ordered.
Yes, it's only a cosmetic thing but would still make me mad on a brand new boat.

I'm surprised and disappointed with Yamaha on the quality issues. There are lots of posts on the fit and finish issues and gel coat issues. I also read about repeated known issues, like the anchor locker drain plug and gas gauge not reading correctly. I really thought Yamaha would be a company that would address known issues.