• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252X boat cover

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Are there different size covers for the different 25ft models? The one I got from the dealer is way loose. Especially the rear strap aft of the ratcheting strap.

Had a hard rain the other night and when I checked in on the boat this is what I found.
C7E308F0-28AF-473D-859E-2FD29A91A2BB.jpeg

My 255 cover had the wrong length straps. When I took it back to the dealer they said I wasn’t the only one. It is possible your strap a are wrong.

My 255 cover had the wrong length straps. When I took it back to the dealer they said I wasn’t the only one. It is possible your strap a are wrong.
Did they give you a new one? I’m thinking of cutting and re-sewing my back strap but then I won’t be able to exchange it.

That’s gonna stretch your cover out good. Hopefully you can get it resolved quick. I would go with no cover before letting it pool up like that until you can get it fixed. Prolly putting a lot of stress on the cleats on side of boat also.

No they didn’t replace it. They sent it to their canvas guy but I think the clerk wrote the instructions wrong. They added length to the wrong strap section. I am planning now to just try and fix it myself this weekend.

Back