• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

252XE ballast problem

Davidm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a new 252XE and the ballast tanks appear to work in reverse. If I enter fill all then it drains all of the ballast tanks. Alternatively drain all fills all tanks.
If I set up a surf profile to have 0 ballast it will fill that tank. Alternatively 100 will empty the tank,

It appears as if the pumps are wired in reverse or the inlet and outlet on the pumps are reversed.

Anyone else experienced this?

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Never heard of that but It’s too new to have to fix it yourself, but my boat looks like a chimney sweep worked on it when I take it to the dealer. I took mine in last week because the steering wheel has been slightly off-center since new. I normally work on it myself, but it has been too cold to go boating, and I didn’t mind being without it for a week so I took it to the dealer. When I picked it up, there was a white streak on my mooring cover that looks like a boat was parked too close to it and rubbed against it as it was being pushed back into it’s position. There was no damage to the fiberglass underneath the cover but the white streak left a crease in the cover. When I backed my truck up to the trailer, they hooked it up for me, and told me I was all set to go. I got out to double check it, and the safety chains were not hooked up correctly, the trailer tongue latch pin was not inserted, the emergency brake cable was not attached, and the brake lockout key was taped in place in it’s slot. I don’t know why I paid for an extended warranty, because I don’t like for any of the other clowns to touch my boat. Crappy service seems to be the new norm since Covid started. Everyone is overwhelmed, and as a result they don’t take their time. I did the 10 hour, and 50 hour service myself, and I’m glad that I did because my boat would probably be destroyed after having it in for service twice.