• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH Zipwake Project

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you gain any top end speed? 2-3mph is pretty substantial if that is the case!
I don’t know about top end speed. I have them tuned to retract around 45 mph. Zipwake says they can get damaged over 60 so I didn’t want risk breaking them.

I will say that the boat feels more responsive overall and gets on plane quick. I mainly got them for plowing through rough seas, it does an excellent job at that.

mag911

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t know about top end speed. I have them tuned to retract around 45 mph. Zipwake says they can get damaged over 60 so I didn’t want risk breaking them.

I will say that the boat feels more responsive overall and gets on plane quick. I mainly got them for plowing through rough seas, it does an excellent job at that.
ZipWake says 60 knts is the maximum speed, not 60mph. I think the system can be used for any speed up to 69mph.

mag911

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How much space is there on each side of the 300S interceptors? I have a 255 FSH and I am looking at the ZipWake system and the Seakeeper Ride system.

henr00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
How much space is there on each side of the 300S interceptors? I have a 255 FSH and I am looking at the ZipWake system and the Seakeeper Ride system.
Me, too. This boat absolutely needs interceptors, I'm really interested in this discussion. Looks like you used the "straight" ones and not the "chine" model? Do you think the chine ones would work as well?

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you think the chine ones would work as well?
I wanted to do the chine interceptors, but they wouldn’t fit. As you move outboard, the transom becomes really short. You couldn’t use the chine interceptor on the outermost hull chine without cutting into the bottom of the swim platform. I considered doing it but the straight interceptors were an easier solution for me

henr00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey, thanks for the response! I'm looking at paying someone to do the work for me and relocate the lights at the same time. I enjoy the boat but offshore piloting is a beast of watching the horizon scroll 15 degrees or so back and forth while holding a course.

Do Zipwakes help with that to keep you on a more steady course without so much manual correction?

Thanks!
Henry

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey, thanks for the response! I'm looking at paying someone to do the work for me and relocate the lights at the same time. I enjoy the boat but offshore piloting is a beast of watching the horizon scroll 15 degrees or so back and forth while holding a course.

Do Zipwakes help with that to keep you on a more steady course without so much manual correction?

Thanks!
Henry
My super steering handles that bow wander as well as loss of speed in turns and loss of control if you rapidly decelerate in a turn, and it has plaining surfaces on each nozzle that help with the handling of rough water plus a faster hole shot , all built into the system for only $489.99 to do both nozzles with the super magnum ak-19 deluxe or $569.99 for the super ultimate ak-19 deluxe system Not to mention the super fins and the second tie rod and no increase of draft of the boat Plus the ability to tack big waves .
1712180055328.jpeg1712180121228.jpeg

Last edited:

henr00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My super steering handles that bow wander as well as loss of speed in turns and loss of control if you rapidly decelerate in a turn, and it has plaining surfaces on each nozzle that help with the handling of rough water plus a faster hole shot , all built into the system for only $489.99 to do both nozzles with the super magnum ak-19 deluxe or $569.99 for the super ultimate ak-19 deluxe system Not to mention the super fins and the second tie rod and no increase of draft of the boat
View attachment 217399View attachment 217400
Err... Do you have one for the 255 FSH Sport H (with the joystick)? I have an email conversation going with Jeff (is that you) on this topic...

Thanks!
Henry

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Err... Do you have one for the 255 FSH Sport H (with the joystick)? I have an email conversation going with Jeff (is that you) on this topic...

Thanks!
Henry
Yes I am the owner and patent holder and manufacturer that you spoke to.

Kelleyja

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes they do keep it more steady. I don’t have any nozzle fins on my boat and it helps the wandering. They don’t do much without water flowing over them, so they won’t help the wander around the dock or at idle speeds.