• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

275 in ZipZap

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At the 7:23 mark

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
She moves in an odd maner

Jores

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I like our 242 limited so much more- very weird windshield on the 27

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It handled that chop pretty well though...

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It handled that chop pretty well though...
but it was in a no wake zone. how would it do at even moderate speeds is the real question, assuming the idea of a 27' from Yamaha was to compete with the ocean market which I would argue it's not

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It looked good to me too, not talking about looks either. She did push nicely in that small chop on her way out. Then again it is a 27’ boat. Lol🤙🏽

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well it's not technically a 27' boat as they include the swim platform in their total length. More like a 25' boat. That being said there is little to know about how the boat handles from watching it putt around through an inlet. You'll learn more by watching those boat demos when it was first released. The freeboard doesn't look to have been drastically increased over the 24-series boats so I don't see it being in a new era of jet boating or anything. No matter what it's still hideous and I simply can't get over the horrible windshield design. That design may work on Yamaha's high end Japanese cruiser boats but it doesn't work for this new jet boat IMHO. It's like they thought hey will will just use the windshield design and then forget about making the rest of the boats lines flow with it. Really funky looking boat no matter the angle you look at it.

The boat in the video thumbnail is however is one sexy looking beast! It looks like it's doing 200 mph just sitting still in the thumbnail :D