• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

275 Swim up stern seat/grill mount on my AR240 (pics)

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now if you could only sit on the seat in the water while grilling, that would be something! Lol

Thats too much for me to spend on something else that needs to be stored away.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy , very cool but Holy sheep dip ! I just did a quick calc and the total before taxes and shipping came out to $762 per seat assembly, including the nuts and bolts. Suddenly I’m feeling reluctant to put this on my future projects list.

I may look into modifying a mount from a class I or two hitch and a small seat bottom used on fishing boats. I’m pretty sure my welding buddy would fabricate a seat leg for me.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie the parts were expensive but not nearly that much. I paid right around $400 shipped without nuts and bolts. The seat also doesn’t come with a pad (SeaDek or marine mat) and I couldn’t see an option to order it. I reached out to @JetBoatPilot but they don’t have the template and told me it would be much cheaper just to contact marine mat directly and get it from them. The representative I spoke to at marine mat had no idea what seat I was talking about and said the only mats the sell are for the cockpit.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy , thanks for following up. I was just going by the pricing I see on Babbitt site. For instance, just over $400 per seat leg. See the first pic. There must be a discount applied at checkout or you got the pre COVID 19 premium pricing.

at $400 per assembly this is still on my mod list for next year, I would buy two. At $762 it’s way out of my budget.
2FDF208D-5680-4F18-BD3D-D99E04C7EFD2.png
I think the seat/table pads (seadek?) you mentioned are parts 9 and 10 I. The second pic. At $35 per seat pad, it would definitely be a lot cheaper to buy a sheet of seadek or hydroturf and make / cut your own.
03A3E239-CFD0-461D-8A98-69146E94E43C.png

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Props to any who does a step by step guide on the installation of these seats on pre 2019 boats!

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Following

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy did you use 2 separate backing plates or one long strip? Was it just the length of the bracket or did you have it larger? I’ve been looking at this a long time. Thanks

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ThatJeepGuy did you use 2 separate backing plates or one long strip? Was it just the length of the bracket or did you have it larger? I’ve been looking at this a long time. Thanks
I cut 1 square backing plate. Drilled the holes to match the bracket. If I did it again I’d tap threads into the backing plate and secure the inside hardware 1st

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi can you explain further on securing the inside hardware first? I bought all the parts ( legs are on back order until 5/10) and Iwill be tapping the backing plate. Do you reccomend putting the bolts in from the bottom up if the plate is threaded? Appreciate any insight you can provide. Boat is an AR 250.