• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2nd bilge question

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I’m hooking up my 2nd bilge in preparation for Bimini. I’m using an automatic pump direct wired to the battery with a fuse. My question is with the house battery terminals getting full with extras already (stereo amp, second fuse box, etc.); I’m I ok to wire the bilge to the starter battery? I have an e-series so the solar panel trickle chargers are always running but don’t want to cause any issues.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I’m hooking up my 2nd bilge in preparation for Bimini. I’m using an automatic pump direct wired to the battery with a fuse. My question is with the house battery terminals getting full with extras already (stereo amp, second fuse box, etc.); I’m I ok to wire the bilge to the starter battery? I have an e-series so the solar panel trickle chargers are always running but don’t want to cause any issues.
You can and will probably be fine but that kind of bilge pump will pull a small constant drain on the battery. You will just want to remember to disconnect it at the end of the season or possible put a small switch on it to be able to fully turn it off when its out of the water.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That’s what I was thinking, just pull the fuse at the end of the season.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What did it say on the package? It uses .10 of one amp hour per day? Or something like that..
I couldn’t find anything in the manual that clarified but it can’t be much.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
0.5 amps in a 24 hour period... im guessing thats not a lot..
Correct. However, these pumps can become stuck "on" due to presence of particles/debris causing the pump to sense resistance. So - if left connected directly to battery check/inspect frequently.

--

Last edited:

addisonm06

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Why not just buy a bus bar or fuse block?