• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

$30,000 SX190 2015... How much am I overpaying?

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would tend to agree. Spend a bit more and get a newer boat. 30k feels high.
A friend of a friend went to pick up his new yellowfin and the dealer offered his $100,000 to let them keep the boat. Had not had a contract on the boat, they would have just sold it to someone else for more. The only real options folks have is to pay the price or do without.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Toyota has stopped production of Tacomas with all options. So it's become impossible to find leather seats, moon roof, etc. Lucky I bought mine just before the madness started.
GM is having the same issue, as my buddy just took delivery of his 2022 Sierra AT4. For GM, the issue with the seats was not the shortage of leather, but the fact that the leather seats had an electronically controlled seat heater that could not be sourced. So it came with heated leather seats, that will need to go in for installation later after the dealer gets the parts. Same goes for Onstar and a few other features that chips cannot be sourced for.

Kind of crazy buying a fully loaded truck, that will be partially loaded. It's their choice, take delivery now and come back to complete, or go without. These items are not vital, so most are taking delivery.

Boats sitting on the MFG's lot waiting for a windshield is a different story. You can't ship one without. But it's happening in every industry. Polaris shipping new SXS's without the fancy Ride Command dash in them when folks have had them order for 6-8 months. They have the option to take delivery without, or it goes to the next guy in line who will take the machine, and probably pay a higher price.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
It's basically every car now, not just select models. We were car shopping the end of last year and went to weveral dealers who had no new inventory and months long wait lists. Used cars were selling above list prices for brand new cars. We ended up paying msrp for an 18 month old used Q5 and it was the best deal we could find. What was explained to us was that the chips used in these cars pretty much all come from Singapore and due to covid the factories were shut for like 6 months so production was limited across the board causing a huge shortage in new car inventory.
I just don't see this.

It might be because we are looking at different brands, however. As I have a Ram and the wife a Jeep, I pay special attention to whats on the lots at the local Ram/Jeep dealers. For the last year, first in southeaster PA and now in southern DE, I have always seen new inventory on the dealer lots. Not as much as back in 2020 when I got 30% discount off my end-of-the-year Ram, but inventory never less.

Folks seem to be still spending money on stuff. Went to the local John Deere dealer yesterday to get a riding lawn mower. Only mowers in stock at the JD dealer were the top end units. Have a less expensive model on order from the TN factory and delivery expected in two weeks.

I have seen some inventory at the local boat dealers as well. I have seen a lot of inventory at the local RV dealers, at least with the small travel trailers.

Jim

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just don't see this.

It might be because we are looking at different brands, however. As I have a Ram and the wife a Jeep, I pay special attention to whats on the lots at the local Ram/Jeep dealers. For the last year, first in southeaster PA and now in southern DE, I have always seen new inventory on the dealer lots. Not as much as back in 2020 when I got 30% discount off my end-of-the-year Ram, but inventory never less.
I drove through GMC, Buick, Cadillac and Ford lots with my dad yesterday. These are big franchise dealers for MN/ND. There were just a handful of new trucks and SUV's on the lot. And 90% of those were pre-order vehicles that were put on display with "sold" or "hold" tags on the windshield just to give the impression that the dealership had not shut it's doors.

My dad was so frustrated, as from the road, it looked like we had a few to choose from. They were just teasers put there as examples of what he could order. I'm sure each dealership is different on their policy. But many are putting pre-orders on display before the owner takes delivery. It used to be, those units never made the sales floor.

The used lots had mixed bags of late model trades. But most were priced at nearly new prices, and most were high mileage.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just don't see this.

Folks seem to be still spending money on stuff. Went to the local John Deere dealer yesterday to get a riding lawn mower. Only mowers in stock at the JD dealer were the top end units. Have a less expensive model on order from the TN factory and delivery expected in two weeks.

I have seen some inventory at the local boat dealers as well. I have seen a lot of inventory at the local RV dealers, at least with the small travel trailers.

Jim
Same around here, new car Lots are filling up with cars around here, GM and Jeeps have much more than ford. RV dealer and Trailer dealer have full lots now. Same thing here and HD and Lowe's Lawn mowers are scarce. Certain things spending is still high and on others there looks like it going to be a surplus.

In general once the free money stopped people are going back to work and spending is changing.

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Wait it out, this economy is going to take a downturn in a year or 2. Get an older nice boat and beat it for a couple years and wait for the right timing. Here is a boat I found in WI for you on facebook marketplace. I'd buy this thing in a heartbeat for $5K over spending $30K for a 7 year old boat.

1650031986343.png

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sold our garage kept 2014 AR190 last year in Perfect shape in and out with a SIMRAD GO7, all the tubes, all the safety equip, lines, Galvanized trailer with LED landing lights, Custom rims and radial tires, Cobra jet fins, and 4 jackets for $25k 124 hrs, all fresh water. Guess I should've waited.:rolleyes:

hippyracer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have not seen many 190`s or 192`s going for less than 30K

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What was your final decision? I have a 2020 195s for sale $70k :) 😂😂

Dirtymunoz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure if you found a boat yet. But I'm selling my 17 sx190 with 76 hours for 33k. Still looks new and garage kept

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Seems like a lot even considering the boat market. I sold my 2014 AR192 for $26k 3 years ago with about 200 hrs on it.
Pre-Covid this was the norm. Now, all bets are off.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey all,

First time posting. Been looking at boats for awhile now and have pretty much decided on a yamaha jet boat. Have read a lot of great things and it seems best for me. Naturally I want to have one for this summer, and I'm a little late in the season for purchasing, so I acknowledge I'm going to be paying a premium. I currently have a refundable deposit down on a 2015 yamaha SX190, with 230 hours. It's currently listed at 30,000. Comes with trailer, cover, and thrust vectors. The dealer offers a 45 day guarantee starting memorial day that covers any mechanical failures, which means a lot to me. In general it looks like it's in great condition, and I'm going to go check it out with a mechanic friend this weekend to take a more in depth look.
Here is the boat:

So... Just tell me... How much am I overpaying here? Or any comments to make me feel better about the price? The amount of hours scares me, but the 45 day guarantee and having my mechanic friend take a looksie alleviates most of my concerns, but looking for more experienced opinions.
Guy on the forum has one for sale 2019 190 with extras very fair price