• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

360hp vs 500hp

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Has anyone upgraded from 360hp 2424ft to a 255 with the SVH0 engines? If so how does it feel? Deciding if i want to go 252xe or 255x

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You may already be aware of this but there are a lot of differences between the 252XE and the 255XE beyond just the motors. Lots of interior upgrades in the 255 not on the 252, plus the integrated automatic wakeboosters are only on the 255s.

I think the 255XEs are just starting to roll into dealerships now. Hopefully we'll get some use reports here in the near future that will be able to answer your question.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Obviously if you can afford the boat you can afford the fuel, but the consumption is going to be crazy.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Given the power to weight, I’m guessing it’s similar to a 212 with the 360. I’m interested if the new 252 rear layout helps with noise at all.