• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3D Printed Stern Light Mount

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
If any of you are like me, you've snagged, bent, broken, or just think your stern light pole is an eyesore... There is a solution!! @Bruce is printing these mounts to work with the navisafe stern lights. These are LED lights that have a magnetic base and operate on 3AAA batteries. They say the batteries last 80hrs, I'm on season 2 with the original batteries still. I like flow, I hated that pole light, and needed a more permanent option for this light. @Bruce made this. The fit is perfect, all held together with E6000 adhesive. No interference with ropes when towing wakeboarders, easily accessible to remove if you need to replace the batteries. Hit him up if you want one of these, they are awesome. Link to the light assembly... https://beyondtheinfinity.com/products/navisafe-navilight-all-white-5-mode-360-2nm-w-magnet-base?currency=USD&variant=39760266985552&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjw852XBhC6ARIsAJsFPN3Fm4A6_KsIneIxii2ugcK6IK1yLWYh4JPXp4-UVkZqmsdiN3aV6q0aAoc7EALw_wcB
Stern Light 1.pngstern light 2.pngstern light 3.pngstern light 4.pngstern light 5.pngstern light 6.pngstern light 7.pngstern light 8.png

Last edited:

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a great idea. Is this a universal fit? The tower in the picture looks different than the tower on my 2008 AR230. Not sure if the tow point dimensions are different.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a great idea. Is this a universal fit? The tower in the picture looks different than the tower on my 2008 AR230. Not sure if the tow point dimensions are different.
Great question, can you measure the tow point on your tower? Doing so with calipers would be best. That adapter was designed to fit a 2 inch tow point. I can easily change the design if a different size is needed.

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I won't be able to measure until next weekend due to some other travels. But I will definitely do so and let you know since this is a great idea.

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finally got around to measuring the tow point on the AR230. It measured at 2-65/128" (although I suspect my cheap-ish calipers can't really measure that accurately so it's probably 2-1/2"). The other thing is that the depth(?) of the top of the tow point doesn't appear to be that deep. Is that top section going to be enough to adhere the mount?

PXL_20220829_212859984.jpg

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am assuming if it runs on batteries, there is a button (maybe the orange thing in one of the photos) that turns it on or off. Is it possible to hard-wire the light so I can turn it on with the rocker switch?

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I am assuming if it runs on batteries, there is a button (maybe the orange thing in one of the photos) that turns it on or off. Is it possible to hard-wire the light so I can turn it on with the rocker switch?
Not on the light I used. There is a button on the top of it that needs to be pressed to turn it on.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finally got around to measuring the tow point on the AR230. It measured at 2-65/128" (although I suspect my cheap-ish calipers can't really measure that accurately so it's probably 2-1/2"). The other thing is that the depth(?) of the top of the tow point doesn't appear to be that deep. Is that top section going to be enough to adhere the mount?

View attachment 186986
I think it would need to be sort of a locking collar that would wrap around the angled top section of the tow point.

Can you provide measurements of the height of the 2 1/2" sections, the diameter of the area where the rope rests and the height of the inward slope between the 2 1/2" and where the rope rests?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Might as well use a light without batteries if you are going to run a wire. Do you have a light in mind?

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it would need to be sort of a locking collar that would wrap around the angled top section of the tow point.

Can you provide measurements of the height of the 2 1/2" sections, the diameter of the area where the rope rests and the height of the inward slope between the 2 1/2" and where the rope rests?
Following

The Canuck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might as well use a light without batteries if you are going to run a wire. Do you have a light in mind?
I think I have seen Attwood has a wired light.. Attwood 5580A7. I would want to do some more research into it, and if it truly is the best option. But I feel like I saw someone else on the forum or there was a thread similar to this that used that light, or something very similar.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Yes. I will try to measure this weekend.

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a slightly better picture with measurements. I did not separate out the height of the crown at the top from the height of the 2-1/2" diameter section because I figured the crown could be considered to have the same 2-1/2" diameter.

Attachments

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a slightly better picture with measurements. I did not separate out the height of the crown at the top from the height of the 2-1/2" diameter section because I figured the crown could be considered to have the same 2-1/2" diameter.
Thanks. Message me your address so I can send you a mount to try.

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The section that is 1-5/8 diameter spins on mine, does yours too?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would it bother you if it were locked in place?
Mine is actually aluminum in that area - @tpspeier looks to have a different material there, that's why I asked. I really need to get the the boat with calipers in hand to get measurements.