• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

3D Printed Stern Light Mount

Mine is actually aluminum in that area - @tpspeier looks to have a different material there, that's why I asked. I really need to get the the boat with calipers in hand to get measurements.

How would you feel about a screw into the top of the tow point to attach the light mount?

The section that is 1-5/8 diameter spins on mine, does yours too?

No - it doesn't seem to spin.

How would you feel about a screw into the top of the tow point to attach the light mount?

Interestingly, there is a screw (or bolt) at the top of the tow point already. I can try removing that to see if it would be feasible to be used to hold the light mount.

Last edited:
That is an excellent solution!

Thank you. It worked well and was easy to do with a drill press and a couple of taps.

Thank you. It worked well and was easy to do with a drill press and a couple of taps.

This looks like a great idea and I'd definitely be willing to try going this route. Unfortunately, I don't have the proper tools. Is there any way to do (reasonably) this without a drill press?

This looks like a great idea and I'd definitely be willing to try going this route. Unfortunately, I don't have the proper tools. Is there any way to do (reasonably) this without a drill press?

You could do the drilling part by hand if you can keep the bolt and the drill concentric. The drill is self centering due to the design of the hex key head of the bolt. You just need to drill straight for 5/16" or so. You will need a starting tap and a bottoming tap for a 10-32 thread, oil. You only need a few threads of engagement, that depth will give you plenty. Locktite and forget about it. You do not want to drill deeper, it could cause the tow point bolt to fail under load. Drill press makes it easy. I did have to file down a 1/2" 10-32 to about 3/8" long to not bottom out and hold the magnetic base tight. Tapping the threads is by hand anyway.

20220906_175250.jpg

20220906_175227.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the instructions. I will try to give this a shot.

Thanks for the instructions. I will try to give this a shot.

I would get a replacement bolt before starting to drill the one in the tower now.

Get a nut or two that matches the existing bolt to lock in a vice then screw the bolt all the way in to the nut to provide a solid lock on the bolt for drilling.

Or even better, find a friend with a drill press with a vice on it and borrow it for a few minutes.

Great ideas. I already ordered the replacement bolt. Unfortunately, the typical online parts' dealers don't sell it anymore but I found one on Ebay. The part number is 90149-16SE2-00 in case anyone else is interested.

Back