• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

6 pin connection for tower

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My wiring to my tower is a pain. I had hard wired everything when i found my aunt/uncle had a barn to store the boat with tower on every winter. A few years and all was good. Now they sold the place and i have to remove the tower to get it in my garage. So looking for a plug solution that is decent.
Came across these: SZJELEN SP13 2pin/3pin/4pin/5pin/6pin/7pin/ 9pin Aviation Cable Connector,IP67 Waterproof Plug Socket,LED Light Equipment Connector (2pin, Pair-Plug(Male)&Socket(Female)) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGVWQDR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_I9fhEbKM7QXEZ
Hope the amazon link works how i posted it.
Thoughts? Need two speakers and a light so 6 pin variant of the plug.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The reviews seem like they might be of questionable quality.

I think the professional installs use Neutrik type/brand connectors. I know they're robust and well regarded. Also have a lot of options, eg, female coupling with mounting flange to mount to hull... just like you see on pro installs.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

These are Mil spec IP67 connectors, should be weatherproof and high quality. There are many other types, but Deutsch connectors are the same type Yamaha uses on the boat.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Deutsch connectors and perhaps TE also have an option for a flange mount which may be more better depending on a few factors. I am assuming with 6 wires one pair is for a light and the other two are for speakers. In this case I recommend separate connectors for the lights and speakers especially if the lights are led. I also recommend running separate shielded wire packs for both if running up the same leg of the tower. This will reduce the chances you get EMI noise in your speakers or that your speakers cause your led lights to flicker.

Last edited: