• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

600HP V12 pontoon!

Here is a crappy photo of Ben Roethlisberger blowing past me in his pontoon with twin 350's.

8mQbRtTl.jpg

Also something funny to think about. With quads on the back of the boat, thats 48 spark plugs you need to change?

12 cylinder engines? 4x8=32
And most likely the Mercury faithful understand that plug changes are by the hour and not annual.

Those Merc 600s are really pretty incredible. Pod steering, two speed transmission, autotrim. Can't wait to see how that sort of technology filters down do the more pedestrian 250-400s.

12 cylinder engines? 4x8=32
And most likely the Mercury faithful understand that plug changes are by the hour and not annual.

They're V12s

Those Merc 600s are really pretty incredible. Pod steering, two speed transmission, autotrim. Can't wait to see how that sort of technology filters down do the more pedestrian 250-400s.

They're V12s
HOLY CRAP! I missed that. They must sound like Ferraris!

When running you can barely tell. They are extremely quiet. These are not technically a high perf engine. They are great for what they are designed for. Big center consoles and fast cruisers.

Up next: Nuclear powered ‘toons!

What they're doing with pontoon boats now is crazy. When I was growing up pontoon boats had 30-50hp outboards and were for old people. I passed a Tahoe tritoon being towed on the highway with twin Mercury Racing 450Rs in July.

One page I follow on Instagram, Center Consoles Only, said the feedback they're getting from manufacturers about the 600's is that while they're quiet and get a boat on plane incredibly fast, they're not great for top speed.

Back