• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

650lb Fat Sac for 19s

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Many many 19' owners use this sac. They swear by it. Add that to surf side, and a 400# to ski locker and the wave is nice. I myself am considering it hard, but we really really suck at surfing. Hoping since I lost a shit ton of weight this year that I'll be better 🤣🤣🤣

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I
Many many 19' owners use this sac. They swear by it. Add that to surf side, and a 400# to ski locker and the wave is nice. I myself am considering it hard, but we really really suck at surfing. Hoping since I lost a shit ton of weight this year that I'll be better 🤣🤣🤣
I have the wakesurf package and a new 365 bag for the ski locker which I haven't used yet. Going to start by moving the both 200lb bags to rhe same side and the ski locker and see how that works.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I

I have the wakesurf package and a new 365 bag for the ski locker which I haven't used yet. Going to start by moving the both 200lb bags to rhe same side and the ski locker and see how that works.
For surfing you'll definitely want them both on the same side

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
The couple of times we surfed we always had both goofy and regular riders so we we placed on both sides for convenience. But it's time to dial in.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We place the 650lb bag in the middle, and the one 200lb bag surf side.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep I have used it and it works well, if you have a ton of people in the boat I will sometimes not fill it all the way and just place people to shape the wake

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Saw this on FB yesterday, which is what got me thinking.
The post said, I have a 21 ar195 and use the 650 on the rear, 300 in the locker and 200 on the back seat.

I replied: I'm guessing your close to or over max weight with passengers and gear. Any trouble getting up to speed?

The person replied: for sure overweight but who cares....I get a little bit of cavitation on take off which I am trying to fix soon. Hopefully the Lucky 13 cone works as well as reviews

I want a nice wave but safety first, Thoughts?

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want a nice wave but safety first, Thoughts?
I wouldn't do it, but everyone has their own comfort level with risk.

Arguably my objection is with means of ingress/egress/seating more so than the weight.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Do you think the dog bone (attachment point) is strong of to hold both sacs. One secured to the dog bone and the other to the strap of the first? Thought about using a rachet strap, not sure mid cleat or rear.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We installed a few more, a pack of 4 is about $20 on Amazon.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We installed a few more, a pack of 4 is about $20 on Amazon.
Do you have a name or link? I'm obviously not searching correctly.

Jetjnc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Are you guys using the wakebooster also or just the fatsacs? Not sure if I want to spend the money on the wakebooster, it is way overpriced in Canada.

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m using both 200lb square fatsac’s on the back corner and the Yamaha wake plate. It creates a tall wave with a small pocket that we can’t go ropeless on.

I think the next step is to move the 200lb squares to the locker and buy the 650lb fat sac for the rear.

We’ve surfed it numerous configurations now, with and without ballast and with and without the plate. The plate makes a huge difference in my opinion. Cleans the spray up nicely.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Last edited:

Nick_Lo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@marcham Thanks for that link!
Question to anyone regarding these "Dog Bone" Tie Down Points. I also have the ones that came with the wakebooster kit and havent put them on yet. Do you just drill and screw in? is there wood underneath the fiberglass above the cushions of the rear seating?

Attachments

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We place the 650lb bag in the middle, and the one 200lb bag surf side.
Same approach here. 650 in the center swim deck (we have both goofy and regular surfers) Good results. The other consideration is where passengers are distributed. If I have 3-6 passengers, I only use the 650 on the swim deck, & their seating can make a huge difference- including reducing cavitation from all the weight. Love the 650 bag it was well worth the investment

Last edited:

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There's no wood, but the fiberglass is plenty thick enough. Make sure you use a countersink drill bit to taper off the gel coat. If the screw bites into the gelcoat before the fiberglass it'll lift and crack.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I strap mine to the tube cleat.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Are you guys using the wakebooster also or just the fatsacs? Not sure if I want to spend the money on the wakebooster, it is way overpriced in Canada.
Using the kit as well.