• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

8 kickers. No amp

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Got, Pics? Who what when where how?

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Nice!

sfadchi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2019 AR and would love more info on what you did. How did you wire them up to the connext system? Was the mid ship speaker wiring already there? Thanks for any help you could provide!

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spliced them all into the back speakers. I wish I could split the power from the bow speakers as well but I couldn’t get to the bow speakers through the head compartment.

Just Phishing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not recommending this by any means (not condemning either), but the wiring for both front speakers goes back on the drivers side not through the head like you would think.

Last edited:

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks awesome, so now that you have had it for a bit is everything going well?

Just so I understand did you replace the stock speakers and add the 2 on the swim platform? and just spliced into the existing stock speaker wire to do so? Does the wire contain the power as well? Notice any additional drain on your batteries?

Which model speaker did you go with?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced the stock speakers and added 4 more. Yes I spliced into the stock speakers. It made a huge difference. I have recently added a 600 watt amp just because I wanted to hear it further away. I might add tower speakers too since I have an amp now.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ok the video is not loud at all...perhaps it's just me. Now if you had it quite loud with all those speakers and no amp, I'm quite surprised the stock radio didn't blow the outputs with that much load from all those speakers. Typically most head units will not drive that kind of load and will shut down to protect the output circuits. Did you by chance series the connections to reduce the current output from the head unit?

Or was it just not that loud as it appeared in the video? I'm confused...

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spliced behind the rear speakers. I did this to the pioneer head unit in my old ar230 and the radio would go into protect mode but the connects unit or Polk audio never did it so I stayed that way til I was gifted an amp. At the beach a lot of ppl asked me what amp I had pushing my speakers and were surprised when I told them I didn’t have one. They only reason I held out for a amp bc the in my experience I have had a lot of amps die do to the salt environment.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
As a professional, I cannot recommend this. Assuming 2 sets wired together at 2-ohms - the factory head unit (and 99%) of them struggle with that load, and it will eventually fail. If wired safely at 8 ohms - you are putting hardly any power to the speakers, and will most likely push them to clipping (which causes them to blow).

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Adrian is dead on. Car and marine speakers are 4 ohm. Every time you splice them in parallel you cut the ohms in half. The amp in the head unit will run extremely hot and eventually fail. Head units are not designed to run 2 ohm loads. Even an add on amp has to be rated for that. It will say in the specs

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I understand that but I can say I’ve had 0 issues and 2 years of this set up. I can run the stereo loud for 5 hrs before my volts drop to 12.2-12.3. Maybe I’ve been lucky but I purchased a 4 year warranty on my speakers just in case.