• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

88 werks faze 2

Blue7riding

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
Looking for a little bit of info on this unit. Anything available would be helpful. Thanks Jerry

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looking for a little bit of info on this unit. Anything available would be helpful. Thanks Jerry
That got the pickle fork front end?
Get a picture of motor and we might get a little farther

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hard to tell but that a 2 or 3 cylinder?
Any stampings or markings?
http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=478780
428 cuyuna
A snow sled based 2 stroke engine put into a couple early skis i believe.
Check that thread for some pictures or info.

Blue7riding

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It does say cuyuna and is 2 cylinder. Doesn’t say size or even oil ratio.
Typically 40:1 but go a richer mix to start.
Does it have an oil pump or just running premix? I would probably skip the oil pump and run premix if i were you. Disconnect it and cap the lines.
Normally i would say the opposite but due to all the uncertainty i would go with a reliable way of knowing it has oil.

Blue7riding

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
No oil pump. Has a 2 1/2 gallon tank. Totally restoring this unit for my 12 year old.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What about the jet pump what kind of condition is it in is there any stampings can you give us a couple pictures of the jet pump

Blue7riding

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
What about the jet pump what kind of condition is it in is there any stampings can you give us a couple pictures of the jet pump

Attachments

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Blue7riding

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Exciter
Boat Length
Looks identical but I have more turning veins on the inside. Getting a bit closer every week. Vessel ran b4 I bought it. It was a bit of a mess in and out. It has no drain plug or pump on it. Just wondering how it survived the last 30 yrs.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Reaction score
Boat Make
Kawasaki
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Other
Blue7riding

Your resto looks great. Glad somebody is keeping these machines going. Recently I was searching the internet for a picture of a Faze II and could not find one. I dug out some old brochures and made it into a youtube slide show. Thought someone would want to see it. My family owned a Kawasaki dealership from 1972 thru the early 2000s. Along the way, besides Jet Skiis, we sold the Fazer Faze II (I think two of them). This was in the Detroit area. Four brands that I had brochures for are in the video.

Regards,
Gary

Faze II.jpg