• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

9 Mistakes New Boaters Make

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So there are plenty of threads out there talking about new boaters for getting drain plugs and forgetting to untie from the dock but here are some the other mistakes that are less talked about but more important. The first one is the most important one so if you only even watch for one that may save your boating life.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great video! Do you have a link to the fight you had at the end? I'd like to see how that one ended up, lol.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 ... wait where are the nubile babes making these mistakes ... get video but I feel there was some unfair click-bait from the YouTube original post ;-)
One of my subs has asked for the 10 types of woman boaters video and it is in the works my good sir.

Bubbjr7

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well heck! This is what I've got to look forward to. I better be on my game or we'll be done for quickly. I'm guilty of about half of them and the easy culprits like drinking and boating education course aren't even the ones I'm guilty of.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What buffoons.

Came across this one, it's a goodie.
It’s funny that’s was the video I was looking for but could not find it quickly when I was doing the editing

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do believe this is where the saying "Douche Canoe" was coined. Some folks just need a different outlet for their pent up aggression. Or lay of the 'roids.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This popped up on one of my FB groups today. That's you?

You might make a top 10.
That post alone got nearly 45,000 shares and over 2 million hits. I'm big in Australia. (I should say, my wife is popular) Due to different ways to embed video, my Youtube channel showed just shy of 500,000 views.

Before the expected flames come in, the mandatory disclaimer has to be said. This was not our first sub move of the afternoon, we were not drunk, all juveniles had the legal PFD's on, the boat was not beyond capacity (as often questioned) and it was totally planned. My electronics were properly installed an unharmed, the boat properly drains without intrusion into the engine bay as designed from the MFG. We put on many years of use after this with no ill effects and it is now in the hands of it's current owner still in full working order.

That all being said, we have never pushed a sub move this hard again since. But I am known to put a spray over the bow from time to time. And this is way easier to do in the SeaDoo X20 over our current 242. So they just don't happen anymore. I get a bigger kick out of just throwing it into reverse to get a reaction from my guests that know the potential, rather than doing it.

For those that don't have Facebook

Biff.org on Youtube

Last edited:

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Backing the trailer... from the Family Guy. Classic. My wife saw this on our local lake Facebook page:

Enjoy!