• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

91 mile run on Waverunners

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We decided to go for an endurance run, and explore yesterday. We started the trek at Riverside Marina in Palatka, FL. Very nice ramp with PWC friendly floating docks with low plastic covered sides. Awesome!

From there we headed south through the St.John river to the north end of Lake George. What an incredible lake. I highly recommend it for watersports. Beautiful water. We ran down the center of the lake until we reached Silver Glen Springs.

Im telling you, I have never seen water so clear, but very cold. You can see everything below you on the waverunner. We rested up for a while, and cooled off. There was another 25 miles to go.

Once back on Lake George, we exited the south inlet back to the Saint John, and headed south to Deland. We found some great people, and a Marine Patrol that we talked to through the no wake zone. He was one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and he gave us the light show when it was time to hit the throttle. We ate lunch in Deland at Castaways on the River. Best angus burgers you can buy! wow. Once done, we refueled, and headed north to Murray's Creek.

Murray's Creek is one of the twistiest rivers in the area. Its full throttle the whole way. The creek intersects the Dunns Creek, and then back into the St.John. Then it was 30 miles back to the ramp.

Incredible time! I love this machine!

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your ass is gonna hurt like crazy, 91 miles, 7 hours in the saddle, just call you John Wayne ;):D. Real cool though, thanks for sharing.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome...Hurts my old broken back to think about it though

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Nice. I haven't watched the whole video yet .... gas stops?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a great trip. Why does it take 7 hours to go 91 miles? Was it a lot of no wake or was it some long breaks?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice video....some awesome water.

I've never had a jet ski before, do they have a throttle lock or some soft of cruise these days? I can't imagine the hand cramping. I hated that on my motorcycles, always added a throttle lock of some sort.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice video....some awesome water.

I've never had a jet ski before, do they have a throttle lock or some soft of cruise these days? I can't imagine the hand cramping. I hated that on my motorcycles, always added a throttle lock of some sort.
Negative on the throttle lock. Its a safety issue. If you fall off the ski, you dont want it going out of control, or away from you. Safest place in the water if you fall is by your PWC.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a great trip. Why does it take 7 hours to go 91 miles? Was it a lot of no wake or was it some long breaks?
We were sight seeing, and there were some no wake zones, one fuel stop, and a lunch break. Best ride this year by far.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Negative on the throttle lock. Its a safety issue. If you fall off the ski, you dont want it going out of control, or away from you. Safest place in the water if you fall is by your PWC.
That's what the kill switch is for.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike love it man! We do 140 mile run on the skis every year in May from Charleston SC to Lake Marion SC. Its an awesome day you should join us next year its a blast.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike love it man! We do 140 mile run on the skis every year in May from Charleston SC to Lake Marion SC. Its an awesome day you should join us next year its a blast.
Absolutely! The local club here ran from Savannah to Hilton Head last weekend. Looked like a fun ride. We ride year round here. I already have my 2/3mm wetsuit ready!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Absolutely! The local club here ran from Savannah to Hilton Head last weekend. Looked like a fun ride. We ride year round here. I already have my 2/3mm wetsuit ready!
We rode that area earlier in the year it's nice. I'm still interested in what @JROD and his friend did last year they rode from oak island nc to miami fl.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I need to move south.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some of the newer skis have cruise control. I made a wedge as @Cobra Jet Steering LLC suggested and it works great. Mine is just half of a clothes pin with a lanyard on it, I put it in between the finger throttle and its mount at the speed I choose and forget about it. It falls out and dangles from the lanyard when I squeeze the throttle. It's perfect for our annual 120 mile round trip to old Sacramento which we usually do in one day.

@ScarabMike , have you looked at how many hours you put on your ski since you have had it and compared it to the hours you put on your boat in the same time after you got it? I noticed that the first year we had the skis we used them more than the boat. This changed in the following years but I got for my son a used ski late last year and we ended up skiing more than boating again this past season . I hope but am not sure if we will boat more than ski next year. It hurts me to see my boat going unused in season, o understand that it will depreciate whether o use it or not but it burns more when it loses value while not in use.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In regards to Cruise Assist, my '15 VXR doesn't have it, but I noticed the FXHO's did (which I'm buying soon). I believe he said you still had to hold the throttle though? I believe @ScarabMike 's should have it, can you clarify Mike? Mine at least is nice that you can twist the throttle around to any position. That really helps.

You are right though @Ronnie . I put 20 hours on my ski in the brief time I owned it this summer. I probably put 2 hours on the boat in that time. We'll start next season with 2 skis and I anticipate similar usage ratios (maybe a little more balanced until the water warms up).

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice journey! Looks like you owe somebody a "salt scrub" (splashing)!!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In regards to Cruise Assist, my '15 VXR doesn't have it, but I noticed the FXHO's did (which I'm buying soon). I believe he said you still had to hold the throttle though? I believe @ScarabMike 's should have it, can you clarify Mike? Mine at least is nice that you can twist the throttle around to any position. That really helps.

You are right though @Ronnie . I put 20 hours on my ski in the brief time I owned it this summer. I probably put 2 hours on the boat in that time. We'll start next season with 2 skis and I anticipate similar usage ratios (maybe a little more balanced until the water warms up).
We had the same situation bought my first ski last year and noticed it was being used more than the boat so I bought a second ski and then the number really changed to being used more than the boat. I hope to use both more at the same time next year but we will see.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
We decided to go for an endurance run, and explore yesterday. We started the trek at Riverside Marina in Palatka, FL. Very nice ramp with PWC friendly floating docks with low plastic covered sides. Awesome!

From there we headed south through the St.John river to the north end of Lake George. What an incredible lake. I highly recommend it for watersports. Beautiful water. We ran down the center of the lake until we reached Silver Glen Springs.

Im telling you, I have never seen water so clear, but very cold. You can see everything below you on the waverunner. We rested up for a while, and cooled off. There was another 25 miles to go.

Once back on Lake George, we exited the south inlet back to the Saint John, and headed south to Deland. We found some great people, and a Marine Patrol that we talked to through the no wake zone. He was one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and he gave us the light show when it was time to hit the throttle. We ate lunch in Deland at Castaways on the River. Best angus burgers you can buy! wow. Once done, we refueled, and headed north to Murray's Creek.

Murray's Creek is one of the twistiest rivers in the area. Its full throttle the whole way. The creek intersects the Dunns Creek, and then back into the St.John. Then it was 30 miles back to the ramp.

Incredible time! I love this machine!

Good run! Never get tired of it! I don't think I can make it thru the winter without some type of Jet Ski blast. I guess is time to buy a good wet suit. ;-)
We had the same situation bought my first ski last year and noticed it was being used more than the boat so I bought a second ski and then the number really changed to being used more than the boat. I hope to use both more at the same time next year but we will see.
We rode that area earlier in the year it's nice. I'm still interested in what @JROD and his friend did last year they rode from oak island nc to miami fl.
@robert843, for whatever reasons, fun, speed, ease of use, cool factor, whatever, the ski just gets addicting! I have double, 600hrs, on the skis that I have on the boat and the boat is 7 years older than the skis. In summer, I usually run 200 or so miles every weekend. I am ready to do another trip to Miami and then down to Key West next year, maybe combine just before Bimini & Exumas trip? U know I am always game for a good ride, just let me know.