• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

91 mile run on Waverunners

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ScarabMike have you had a chance to ride any of the new FX models? I had a couple questions about the difference between the FZR or FZS in comparison to the FX. 1. How big of a difference is the telescoping handlebars of your FZR compared to the tilt handlebars of an FX. I'm fairly tall and I'm looking for a ski that will be more comfortable standing up without me having to lean way over while standing. 2. Any opinion on the handling between the 2 skis in rough water (i.e. ocean)?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike , have you looked at how many hours you put on your ski since you have had it and compared it to the hours you put on your boat in the same time after you got it? I noticed that the first year we had the skis we used them more than the boat. This changed in the following years but I got for my son a used ski late last year and we ended up skiing more than boating again this past season . I hope but am not sure if we will boat more than ski next year. It hurts me to see my boat going unused in season, o understand that it will depreciate whether o use it or not but it burns more when it loses value while not in use.
I have 44 hours on the waverunner, and 50 on the boat. My Scarab was used Id say about 5 times this year, but I go out every weekend on the waverunner. Its just a different sensation, and when you ride it. Especially when you ride with more folks. Ill be selling my boat next year. Just cant justify it sitting there.

In regards to Cruise Assist, my '15 VXR doesn't have it, but I noticed the FXHO's did (which I'm buying soon). I believe he said you still had to hold the throttle though? I believe @ScarabMike 's should have it, can you clarify Mike? Mine at least is nice that you can twist the throttle around to any position. That really helps.

You are right though @Ronnie . I put 20 hours on my ski in the brief time I owned it this summer. I probably put 2 hours on the boat in that time. We'll start next season with 2 skis and I anticipate similar usage ratios (maybe a little more balanced until the water warms up).
The FZR/S has no bells and whistles. Its a pure performance. It has a telescoping wheel so you can ride it standing up, and a quick shift trim system. Even the gauges are analog, with only Volts/Mode/Fuel in the small digital readout.

The FZ series's hull is amazing, and very fast, and it rides like its on rails.

The FX is the luxury ski. You can load it up, and even get the extremely fast SVHO that the FZ has. As far as the ride, the FX is very stable, and rides like a Caddy. Its longer than the FZ, and has a ton of more storage.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ScarabMike , What? Selling the boat? I Like jet skiing a lot and started on them over 25 years ago but I love boating so I could not bring myself to part with my boat. I agree though, they provide different experiences, both good, but different. I like the ability to bring more people out or just stretch just stretch out on the boat and its nice to be able to hang out in the shade on it with the tunes and bbq. I only wish is was just as easy to tow the boat around as it is the jetskis.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Gee, after just 2 or 3 hours my right trigger thumb goes completely numb, my RXP is one of the few model years with a thumb throttle. I missed out on the Riva conversion kit.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill be selling my boat next year. Just cant justify it sitting there.
Sell the boat that's just crazy talk lol. I currently own 2 boats 20ft hurricane deck boat and 24ft sx240 and also two skis 2012 gti and 2013 ultra lx and I still cant imagine selling any of them. I actually listed my 20ft Hurricane deck boat for sale about 2 month's ago and when somebody decided to buy it I backed out and kept it as well lol. All of them have a purpose and even though I'm in the same situation as you I put 90 hours combined on the two skis this year compared to maybe 10 hours on the boats I still couldn't imagine not having a boat when time called for it heck I guess I couldn't imagine not having both boats since I backed out on the sale of the Hurricane.

Last edited:

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ScarabMike looked like a great ride I'm in Port St. Lucie, and looking to do the cross Florida ride through Lake Okeechobee. I have a FXHO and love the thing. Can't wait for winter to be over and ocean to calm down and get some riding in out there.

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
@ScarabMike looked like a great ride I'm in Port St. Lucie, and looking to do the cross Florida ride through Lake Okeechobee. I have a FXHO and love the thing. Can't wait for winter to be over and ocean to calm down and get some riding in out there.
That's a great ride! Just did it last June from Stuart, FL, to FT Myers & back. Recommend VHF radio to call the locks.There are (5) locks on the Okeechobee Waterway from east to west they are the St Lucie Lock, the Port Mayaca Lock, the Moore Haven Lock, the Ortona Lock, and the W.P. Franklin Lock. They do have occasional closings for maintenance so is probably a good idea to call ahead or plan for delays. Also, not many places to refuel so strongly recommend U carry at least 6GL can just in case. I carry 2 on my jet ski rack. On way back we hit bad storm and marina ran out of fuel due to all boats pulling in, had to stay extra day, best to be ready in case of inclement weather/thunderstorms which are frequent in the afternoons. I plan on doing NC to Miami trip again this summer and then on from Miami to Bimini again, and perhaps Exumas. I am bloody addicted!! ;-)

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JROD i'm just getting into the jet ski and hopefully boat scene I want to do the Miami to Bimini trip and trying to find a free weekend hopefully soon to do the florida trip with the wife on the back.