• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

a better anchor !!?!?

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No. The proper way to set it would be to position the bow of the boat where you want the anchor then lower it into the water. Then I back the boat down to where I want the boat, and as long as I follow the scope/rode rule, (5:1, 7:1, 10:1) weather and bottom type dependent, I tie it off and it’s good to go. When I’m ready to retrieve the anchor I slow drive forward as I bring in slack, once right over the anchor I’ll tie it off to a cleat and drive it forward a little more and it pops out easy peasy and then I can retrieve it and stow in a locker. I’ve never had to exert energy to pull an anchor. To this day I have never had to re-set because it’s come loose or anything.
Of course you could heave/throw it over the bow, but where I boat you’d never get it far enough to follow the rode/scope rule.
hope this helps.

Last edited:

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Fortress/Danforth/Fluke anchors are all extremely similar and will hold in different types of bottoms. As a few have mentioned above if you use the right amount of rode virtually every style will bite and hold.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It’s also important to note you need to have your bow pointed to the wind/current. If you set the anchor on the wrong side it won’t hold initially. But if you have enough rode/scope once the boat drifts far enough over it will self set.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Use this thing Right Here and you will read about anchors and each respective opinion for DAYS...

1597784902699.png

1597784953325.png

Last edited:

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This may be a dumb question but how does this style anchor work if it lands on the wrong side and the flukes are pointing up instead of down?

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This may be a dumb question but how does this style anchor work if it lands on the wrong side and the flukes are pointing up instead of down?
@WiskyDan They won't... They're hinged to set down with gravity. They're not in a fixed position.

@mkbcaptain I'm all for more info, but this is one topic that gets:
beat like a.gif

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length