• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A bit frustrating experience

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
oh interesting. Not what I had envisioned in my mind. Thanks for the pics. I have the hook type attachment like Shookie has.
Yeah, looks like we have the same boat! I haven't been on it yet but will have to see about fitting a larger tow rope through the small hole in the bottom of the hook.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Ah yeah, that makes thick ropes hard to do. But the concept is the same, run it into and down through the hole, then back up and over the hook. I suppose a guy could fashion a loop out of high strength thinner rope and attach it to the end of any really thick tow rope. Then again, most thick ropes are tubbing ropes and should just go to the tower, leave the hook for the slalom rope. :p:winkingthumbsup"

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I don't worry so much about stress to the tower and boat from attaching a tube. What I am concerned about is the tube catching too much air. I've seen a few videos where they get serious air and looks pretty dangerous for the kids.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I don't worry so much about stress to the tower and boat from attaching a tube. What I am concerned about is the tube catching too much air. I've seen a few videos where they get serious air and looks pretty dangerous for the kids.
Yep that's a valid concern, it definitely gives you more of a upward pull which helps lift the tube when catching air. But I've found that simply by paying attention to what is going on and watching the water coming up and adjusting speed you can avoid what you want to avoid as far hitting stuff that will launch them - see a big wave coming, drop the throttle. We've never had a problem with that unless we want to have a problem with that. Back in the day we were young and stupid - looking back, tubing with towers/pylons, we were very lucky we didn't seriously injure or kill each other.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My boys love the extra air! I will say its not for everyone though. just gotta pay attention when some smaller or more nervous kids are on the tube.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
FYI, there is no hole on the bottom of the hook on my boat. So no way to secure it on there so it doesn't fall off if there's no tension on it.