• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

A little curiosity.

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I unplugged my rear drain plug. It was the first time in a while. We also had a TON of rain the past few weeks. Some water came out of the plug, decent amount. My question is what area(s) of the boat does this drain plug connect to.. I don't believe it is in the engine or floor storage compartments, as the floor storage drains directly into the motor compartment, then the water gets pumped out with the bilge pump.....maybe all the water that falls into the area of the fuel tank ??? I cant see down in the fuel tank but I guess its very possible rain water can get down there ? Bed time now up at 5am. Look forward to some feedback when U wake up.. Thanks to everyone in advanced....

ps tru lock plug still stuck will try when I actually have time (Wednesday I am off)...for now it is stuck in the port, with water (fresh) filled to the rim

I thought somebody for sure was going to answer this last night,

I would pull your drain plug and every plug after each outing to give any water a way to escape. Somebody a few months ago posted about their storage lot leaving the drain plug in over the winter and it filled the engine compartment.

having a 2013 may be a little different but the brass drain plug holds water under the bilge pump area. It's my understanding the bilge is not at the true bottom of the hull so you get water in numerous ways but not enough to activate the bilge or it stays in the area under the cleanout hatch.

maybe somebody else will answer with more detail, but definitely pull the plug each time and don't let that water sit in there.

On our 07 all compartments drain to the bilge. Including the floor lockers, engine compartment, fuel tank (via the engine compartment). The bilge pump sits at the rear of the engine compartment, but water has a continuos path of flow from bow to stern as well and the rear main drain is what gets all the water that the bilge pump can't reach (since it sits a bit higher than the main drain).

But I always leave the main drain out when the boats not in the water. Any rain that enters the boat has the potential to end up in the bilge and flood the engines during storage if the drain plug is left in place. I store the boat at home, but I'd remove the drain plug and hide it if I stored it where some "Good Samaritan" might be tempted to put it back in for me and then accidentally destroy my engines.

They told me at the dealership to always leave the plug out until you put in the water. As soon as you pull out of the water you should pull the plug and the two cleanout plugs.

Back