• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

A new Yamaha... replacement for the 240

I'd love to see a much better warranty than previously and currently offered.

You just gotta negotiate my man. . . I got 3 years thrown in and upped to 5 for $300 more. = )

You just gotta negotiate my man. . . I got 3 years thrown in and upped to 5 for $300 more. = )

Wow, that's pretty good. I did pretty good on the price of the boat overall and don't think I would have gotten the warranty deal you got considering what I paid.

Well, we could certainly benefit from the upgraded 8 vein pumps with 160mm impellers they have out now. I don't know what they can really change about the boats other than minor things here and there, so I doubt that it will be a completely new model anytime soon.
I would think we all would love to see more power and less fuel consumption!
I keep wondering when they will make a 26-28 foot cruiser with like the small 6 cylinder engines from their outboards put in. OR, I do believe they have a new 200 hp 4 cylinder they could use as well now.
200 hp, 2.8 liter 4 cylinder(170 Cu.In.), Variable cam timing, 50amp alternator, etc. You KNOW we need this in our boat.
http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/F200

I think plenty of guys consider the economics of operating costs. I certainly do. And the economics of owning a Yamaha extended far beyond acquisition costs, they were fuel misers. So throwing an engine(s) in the thing that only increase costs and don't do much for performance isn't going to cut it with me, but I understand that some guys do want and will pay extra for 5 mph. I want to see a balance in economics, so that I get longevity, efficiency, and durability. I have never been the sharpest tool in the shed, it isn't about that, it is about what sits right with you. Kind of like driving a mile out of the way to save $.02 per gallon on gas. Some of us do, some don't. As they say, it is whatever floats YOUR boat!

50 amp alternator...You KNOW we need this in our boat.
http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/F200
No sense in going from 26 to 50 amps...less see a 95 amp or better alternator. The only reason they don't do this is they don't install systems that need it. What boat out there, only has a 26 amp capability. That is nuts. They really need to do something there. But...you can't drive an automotive style alternator with a motorcycle engine without dragging it down substantially. I don't know if any of @cybuch issues with his engine were related, but I sure think it could have been a contributor. Running pulleys and belts on these little engines is putting a damn big load on them...and it reduces efficiency in a big way. But there is no reason in this day and age, that a substantial increase in recovery couldn't be done. Bottom line...yes, we do need an alternator of size in our boats!

Well, yeah Mel, but two engines at 50 amps is 100 amps. big upgrade from the 26 we have now!

I guess you could assume that. I wasn't. I was assuming a total of around 100 amps. Either way, I agree, we need a bigger producer of recovery for our electrical systems. It shouldn't be necessary to run 5+ batteries for some of these boats. At a max, maybe 3 batteries. But if all the time while running on the water covered the draw, the only exposure to draining them is at rest. Today, even with DVSR and ACR, you barely can leverage the charging system to handle some...but it could be handling a moderate system 100%!

Uh, so. . . What your telling me is that I just dropped $50K on a boat that has an inferior charging system?

Wow, that's pretty good. I did pretty good on the price of the boat overall and don't think I would have gotten the warranty deal you got considering what I paid.

I was $5K under MSRP with the 3yr warranty and galv. trailer thrown in. You never know what you can get til you ask. ;)

It is not inferior at all...but it isn't a 100 amp automotive system and it is often misunderstood as to what it can do. Plenty of ways to skin the cat and handle the challenges.

I am content with my AR240, but wouldn't mind seeing a 24' boat with proper head, better sound system, better ss hardware, hinged seats and overall quality improvements to address issues that have been brought up on the forums for years....i.e. clean-out plug's, bow roller, etc. That said, Yamaha has had a lot of success in the "value" category. Once you start making all the upgrades, you have to expect the price to go up and now you have to compete with Chaparral, Monterey, Regal, etc. I do think they have to keep a close eye on the other manufacturer jetboats and make sure they aren't being out done in any area.

I
Uh, so. . . What your telling me is that I just dropped $50K on a boat that has an inferior charging system?

I think they are a good match for the oem systems of the boat but become "inferior" to some of the users that add systems which consume a lot more power. For instance a guy that installs a 6,000 watt stereo system with multiple amps and enjoys turning it while the engines are not running, sometimes for hours.

However, I like to keep things simple when possible so instead of adding batteries, acrs, alternators, etc. why not just bring an extra battery along for the ride. It doesn't even need to be installed, just charged and ready to be swapped. Like a spare tire or a gun, rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Let's re-track this a little. If the next gen yjb came with a better / more powerful charging system I doubt anyone would complain (other than about the incremental price increase).

What do you hope is coming and what do you think is coming? I think this is the hot site or soon will be for yamaha. Why not assume that they have a troll on the board and treat this thread like a wish list.

For clarification, I'd would be very interested in a Yamaha jet boat configured like a cruiser with a flybidge (like Carver makes). I would be almost as interested in a hybrid cuddy/bow rider like the one formula makes (and charges $300k for, I won't be interest at that price). Nothing huge 28' to 32' feet and trailerable would be fine.

I'm waiting on a FS 190... Fishing Sport

I think the shallow draft and rear deck could be killer for fishing. The center ski locker would make a great spot for a live well...

I don't know about standard but it would be a nice option to have. Other possible names are the "wake" or "surf rail" maybe "exercise pole" to make it sound more legit.

I don't know about standard but it would be a nice option to have. Other possible names are the "wake" or "surf rail" maybe "exercise pole" to make it sound more legit.

I was thinking that could be part of a special edition called the Yamaho.

I'd like a hybrid bowrider with sleeping accommodations like formula and Monterey have. Trailer able 27-32 ft. I'd like to see better NVH from the factory, and hinged cushions would be great.

Maybe a v6 powererhead from the outboard line could help with power and NVH.

Would want a small Gen and AC for that hybrid. That's probably where things go south for Yamaha. Options... They build one boat and do it well. Start adding options and suddenly a dealer might have a leper no one wants because it doesn't have X or has Y that is too much $. Then they have to entice dealers to carry them with more markup. Then you are at price parity with established players and the benefits become layout, drive system, maintenance. Instead of all that AND price.

But one can dream!

If Yamaha built a 28 to 32 foot trailerable cabin cruiser similar to the Sundancer 280 with two or three 1.8s it would have more power than the stock Sea Ray and the smaller engines would allow for larger cabin areas below. It also would give Yamaha incentive to develop bow thrusters and a joystick control system. I would be pretty excited about that!

image.jpg

Back