• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A Vid From Our Scarab 195 HO Impulse

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Joseph!!! Glad to finally have you here man! I think I talked to you on Youtube. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!!!

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You sure did! Thanks for filling me in on it and glad to be here. I made sure I let them know you brought me on board...ha ha.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Awesome Video @Joseph Baxter. The timelaps clip that was sped up while you were anchored was pretty slick. It good me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. I thought the boat was moving, but drifting, but maybe standing still

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Joseph, how do you like the flooring? Is it stock?

Also is that a giant horn on the bow? If so it probably sounds better than the less obvious squeaker on Yamahas.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bruce, thats the smart mat. Mine didnt come with that option ($1300). Its incredible, very soft with the Scarab Logo. It lets water pass, and drain.

The horn on our boats is LOUD. Sounds just like a car.

Also is that a giant horn on the bow? If so it probably sounds better than the less obvious squeaker on Yamahas.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ouch on $1300 flooring!

A few have explored it for use in Yamahas but I am not aware of anyone actually installing it.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
A couple things that I have noticed.

First is, it seems that everybody is buying the HO Impulse.

Second, I think I should have gotten a Scarab.

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Flooring feels really good. It is an extra cost item but way too expensive. We had no choice really but to get it as it was the only one at the dealer. There is a caveat....it gets smoking hot in the sun so we keep the bimini up and it is just fine. And they did have to send us a new one because every time we opened the ski locker it tore it till it was just two pieces. We plan to cut the new one into two pieces but nice neat cuts. They let us keep the old one so when that one is crap we will change it out.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Having to remove the flooring to open the ski locker has been one of the biggest concerns in discussion about that flooring.

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well....it has a "tongue" if you will...so the only part that lifts is the part that covers the ski locker. So it is about 1.5ft x 3ft of the floor covering that lifts.