• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Abacos

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm wanting to do a trip to abacos next year for the cheeseburger in paradise party. Has anyone been to abacos lately?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Is it back??? It was destroyed from a massive hurricane a few years back.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny, wife and I were literally just talking about this over the last couple days, didn’t wanna post anything without being more committed but was gonna see if others were planning on going in ‘23. Was looking back on the older threads and saw a couple folks have been itching to go since Dorian. We made our first Bimini trip last year (boat rides were relatively uneventful minus the pounding we took on our way there) and will likely go again next year but we’re weighing our options on going out to Abacos instead.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Funny, wife and I were literally just talking about this over the last couple days, didn’t wanna post anything without being more committed but was gonna see if others were planning on going in ‘23. Was looking back on the older threads and saw a couple folks have been itching to go since Dorian. We made our first Bimini trip last year (boat rides were relatively uneventful minus the pounding we took on our way there) and will likely go again next year but we’re weighing our options on going out to Abacos instead.
Yeah I was debating between going to Bimini again of abacos. I've been wanting to go to cheeseburger in paradise for a while. I'm hoping abacos is back to somewhat normalcy.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Most of Abacos is back to quasi-normal, but Treasure Cay is lagging behind. Cheeseburgers in Paradise was held this year from what I have heard, I’m sure it will be back next year. But no idea what that date will be.
And we’re talking about Abacos for next summer too.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most of Abacos is back to quasi-normal, but Treasure Cay is lagging behind. Cheeseburgers in Paradise was held this year from what I have heard, I’m sure it will be back next year. But no idea what that date will be.
And we’re talking about Abacos for next summer too.
Ya from what I'm seeing it was held as well, July 7. Problem with this year was that they didn't announce the official date until a couple weeks prior which would be too short notice for us to go if they do the same thing next year. I'm hoping it was last minute because of covid restrictions/availability and whatnot and it'll be better organized this coming year with a better heads up. I figure we'd need to know by March to make the call if we were to do it or just stick to Bimini, couldn't plan the trip with just 2-3 weeks notice unfortunately.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@svana I think they changed the date last minute this year. If I remember right it was scheduled for late June and it got postponed. I'm definitely keeping my eye on it.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
OK, I have a confirmed reservation in Treasure Cay from June 3rd - 10th.
We will start driving down to either Stuart or Jupiter on Thursday, continue Friday, splash the boat, and be ready to leave early Saturday morning - weather permitting.
If arrangements for parking etc. become problematic, then we will leave out of West Palm Beach. More to come.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good luck! We're eyeballing a weeklong trip around July 4, depends on if we do Abacos then that's around when it was last year. We're targeting a France trip around June 10 - planning to go to the 100th racing of Le Mans.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm wanting to do a trip to abacos next year for the cheeseburger in paradise party. Has anyone been to abacos lately?
Yes I took my boat to Abaco this year for 10 days. We had an OK time we stayed on Elbow Cay which is mostly back together. Green Turtle seemed well put back together as well. Marsh Harbor still shows signs of damage but was mostly open. Treasure Cay is another story we stopped by for a few just to check it out but just tooled through the harbor on the boat. Its pretty much a ghost town with very little open and higher than usual crime due to the resort closing so there is no security there anymore. Abaco is fun if your into bars and restaurants the on the water activities always seem to less desirable to me then in Exuma and Bimini. Based on my visit I would stay on Elbow Cay or Green Turtle if I was going back again I would probably avoid Treasure Cay and I loved Treasure before the storm but there are to many issues with water, power, crime, and lack of supplies to recommend staying there unless a lot changes in the next 10 months. Cheese Burger is fun we did it a few years back it is wild to see that many boats on the island we missed it by a few days this year.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
More than 4 months since the last post here….
Is anyone still going?

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Next step in our preparations.
I’ve rented EPIRBs before and kind of didn’t want to deal with the hassle so I bought one. Better safe than sorry.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry, didn’t register here. We’re sticking to Bimini again this year, Abacos will be a future trip.