• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

? about 212 limited S model

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a white/black AR 190 in mind but it was claimed today as a replacement for a damaged boat. As such, it is no longer available.

My local dealer has a white/black 212 Limited "S" for a bit more $$$. The website pics for this boat show some type of knob or joystick apparatus on a panel to the right of the steering console. The specs on the boat make no mention of the know/joystick whatsoever. Can somebody tell me what this thing does?

Thanks

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it's like my 2015 ar240 it is a way to nafagate the pointer icon on the Connext screen. It's a touch screen so I would say it's a back up system to touch. Although I do use it a lot for volume on radio but that's about it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
AR190 to a Limited 212 - I would say that more than a "bit" of a price jump lol.

micj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a the 212 Limited S and the joystick is indeed used to navigate the Connext menus.

J Pen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
it also has a small incremental throttle control to it, you are able to use to increase throttle by small amounts versus the little control gained by the throttle levers

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yes, all for the connext functions! And it should be one heck of a nice boat! Let us know what you go for!