• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

About to purchase Yamaha FSH 210

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone have first hand experience or info on this model? I'm planning to purchase one and curious how capable it is for offshore fishing. By offshore fishing I mean up to 30 miles out in under 2 ft seas. I know its not an offshore boat but hoping it will extend my range. I currently go up to 15 miles in a 19ft sea pro bay boat when we have a good weather window. But any first hand information is appreciated. We were planning on a 248 Sea Pro until this caught my wifes eye. Also 2 small girls so this seems a little safer.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's your percentage of time fishing going to be vs. family hanging out,watersports?

I'm not a fisherman but we've had at least one not like the jet boat aspect for trolling and one man fishing purposes. We have a couple of 190 FSH members on the gulf coast how do use their boats to fish and really seem to have positive things to say about them,

The 210 is so new we are only hearing about first rides and no real fishing stories yet.

I wouldn't suggest you buy one until you take a test ride or go fish a day with someone, it's not worth the gamble with that much money

Good luck and keep us posted!

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Percentage is close to 75 fishing 25 family time, as long as the girls enjoy fishing. Dont do a lot of trolling but will on occasion if nothings biting. Mostly bottom fishing offshore and inshore fishing. I would love to go out in one but haven't seen any around lower Alabama yet. Doing a sea trial but not sure that will tell me all I want to know. Also curious of trolling motor and sonar. I plan to mount a 36 volt 72in ipilot and 9 in Garmin. Best place for transducer? Through hull? Jet Boat Pilot edition worth 4K? I like it but mainly looks like SeaDek. Pricey edition for SeaDek. Also, any trouble getting on plane with 8 adults? Seems like a huge occupancy rating for a small boat. Sorry for all the questions but a lot of money for a boat I know very little about. But looks like it could fit my needs perfectly and save some money.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would look at a true fishing boat. Biggest limitation for what your looking at is fuel capacity. You would have to carry additional fuel with you anytime you plan to go 30 miles offshore. In good off shore conditions the boat probably has about 100 miles total range but even in moderate 2-3 ft chop that would drop to around 60 mile range which is way to close for comfort for me and good conditions can turn into 2-3 ft chop in a few minutes

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 210 FSH. I have only taken it out once. Here are some notes:

- 5 passenger test
- planes what feels like almost instantly
- 45.3 mph WOT with 5 people
- handles chop much better than my last boat (tested in 1 to 2 ft seas) Seems like it would handle bigger seas just fine.
- I put a Garmin 94SV in today. Fits well.
- I am doing an in hull (shoot through) transducer. Garmin P97. See this post https://jetboaters.net/threads/material-between-outer-hull-and-inner-shell.16342/
- I have the JBP edition minus the gunnel kit for SeaDek. I like the console organizer. I will be mounting my VHF on it. I installed the SeaDek, but have not test it. I have the lateral thrusters and thrust vectors. I have a little bow wander at low speeds. (not much)
- Runs very smooth at higher speeds.
- Turns on a dime compared to non-jet boats.
- Engine noise bugs me a bit. I am going to put in some Dynamat type stuff in the engine compartment.
- Tons of storage.
- I added a fresh water system.

I am in the process of making a bunch of videos. I have a few finished on YouTube, but there are many more I have not finished yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFT0Xmt6wzPjtldAj599fhA?view_as=subscriber

Overall I am very happy. I'd take you fishing out at the jetties if you were in the Charleston area.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies guys. I'll let you know if we go with the FSH.

David Stuart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have the 190fsh deluxe. Got it when it first came out. Honestly, a lot of little issues. Motor is loud. And a very interesting sound. Not a fan of that. Warranty is just non existent compared to others. The size is fine and plenty of deck room but wish they had the 21 then.
The deck is slippery. Put some non slip sand paper tape in areas. A pain to keep clean.
And my biggest issue is that there is no true neutral. There is always something going through the jet. So at what should be neutral. You are probably drifting around in circles

Jetboatnewbie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobia
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm also very interested in this boat. I dock on Lake Erie, and am wondering how the 210 will do in that chop. I'm about 55/45 fishing to family use. I've heard docking is difficult, and the motors are noisy. Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks in advance, I've been reading alot of posts on this forum, alot of good info

20ftsportsman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Grassman, I see you’re in Foley and I live in Gulf Shores. I need a bigger boat for Little Lagoon but has to make it through West Beach Pass etc. Did you get the 210? I know this post is old but came across it and don’t know anyone local with one. Trying to decide between a 19 twin vee bay cat and a 210 Yamaha FSH. Proving to be a hard decision

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did. So far love it. Been out 25 miles no problems. Only downsides so far are boat is a little loud and no neutral, so offshore anchored you have to cut motors off or jet wash will wash out your sonar reading.

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Grassman, I see you’re in Foley and I live in Gulf Shores. I need a bigger boat for Little Lagoon but has to make it through West Beach Pass etc. Did you get the 210? I know this post is old but came across it and don’t know anyone local with one. Trying to decide between a 19 twin vee bay cat and a 210 Yamaha FSH. Proving to be a hard decision
I went from an 18' I/O to the 210 FSH Sport and love it! The only real negative I have found is the inability to use the T-Top to pull a wake boarder. There is a little bit of a learning curve with steering/handling, but nothing major. I highly suggest a version of the thrust vectors that suit your needs from @JetBoatPilot . I do not have the lateral thrusters which some folks recommend. I wanted try the boat without them before buying them. So far, I don't feel the need to buy these. I feel I have enough control of the boat without them. There is a ton of info/opinions about the subject on the forums, but as far as the boat goes, I am very satisfied!

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I did. So far love it. Been out 25 miles no problems. Only downsides so far are boat is a little loud and no neutral, so offshore anchored you have to cut motors off or jet wash will wash out your sonar reading.
Is this a 2018 issue? I have the 2019 210 FSH Sport and I have neutral. I don't have any issue with my transducer at any speed.

20ftsportsman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Great info and thanks for the responses fellas. My friend’s brother bought a 19 FSH over the weekend apparently so I’m going to check it out soon but coming from a 31 with twin outboards I’m inclined to go with the 210. I have a 14 whaler rage and it’s hell finding neutral in that boat if it exist at all. Grassman, where’d you buy it and would a thru Hull transducer work better? Is yours thru Hull? GSPS seems to have its challenges after talking to the guys that bought the 19 from them over the weekend but they said price was right

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is this a 2018 issue? I have the 2019 210 FSH Sport and I have neutral. I don't have any issue with my transducer at any speed.
sorry that should’ve read no true neutral. The impeller is directly connected to the engine so it is always spinning. Neutral diverts half the water forward and half backward. The jet wash in the reverse direction is what washes out my transducer in neutral. Not a huge problem but annoying at times offshore.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Great info and thanks for the responses fellas. My friend’s brother bought a 19 FSH over the weekend apparently so I’m going to check it out soon but coming from a 31 with twin outboards I’m inclined to go with the 210. I have a 14 whaler rage and it’s hell finding neutral in that boat if it exist at all. Grassman, where’d you buy it and would a thru Hull transducer work better? Is yours thru Hull? GSPS seems to have its challenges after talking to the guys that bought the 19 from them over the weekend but they said price was right
20ftsportsman I purchased mine at GSPS. Pm me and I can tell you all about it.