• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Acceleration Issues

Alex Renaud

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Alright, I've done a little research looking for the fuel filters location. Can anyone point me in the right direction or post a pic of what I'm looking for?

why_fly_high

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly just got my boat. On my Sea Doo's they were at the bottom of the tank at the fuel pick up and sucked to get to. They were Sea Doo parts.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just throwing this out there, didn't we have someone who had twin engines that one of them went bad and on his way back, he couldn't even get to plane. Turned out the bucket of the bad motor wasn't open fully and caused enough drag to prevent the boat from getting to speed? The reason I ask, is you're stating the engine "sounds" fine, you're just not getting to speed. Could the bucket adjusters come loose or slip? Here's the video...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just throwing this out there, didn't we have someone who had twin engines that one of them went bad and on his way back, he couldn't even get to plane. Turned out the bucket of the bad motor wasn't open fully and caused enough drag to prevent the boat from getting to speed? The reason I ask, is you're stating the engine "sounds" fine, you're just not getting to speed. Could the bucket adjusters come loose or slip? Here's the video...
Yes, however speed is one thing RPM is another. If the OP cannot get to maximum RPM at WOT, it’s likely not the bucket. In E series boats that could be an issue as the buckets are electronically controlled, the 192 is not.
I think.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright, I've done a little research looking for the fuel filters location. Can anyone point me in the right direction or post a pic of what I'm looking for?
@SamCF posted pics and part number I think in his 192 mods thread.

Alex Renaud

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
So tonight I pulled the fuel pump down and cleaned the screen. I did find some trash in there but I still don’t think it was enough to cause my issues. The screen didn’t look right so I tore in a little deeper.

Attachments

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
So tonight I pulled the fuel pump down and cleaned the screen. I did find some trash in there but I still don’t think it was enough to cause my issues. The screen didn’t look right so I tore in a little deeper.
The filter might not look bad, but that sludge in the sump is a good indicator of your problem. When you are driving, all of that sludge is picked up onto the surface of the filter. When you shut down it drops off. Mine looked just like that. I had to clean it a few times to get rid of all of the trash in the tank.

Alex Renaud

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thanks for the input. I'll plan to run it a few times and check it again. I hope I don't have to tear into it again, I don't think those things were designed to take apart.

Just to verify, their is not actual fuel filter just the screen at the bottom of the pump, correct?

Alex Renaud

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Sorry, I never got around to updating this. I did finally get it into the shop. At first they thought it was the acceleration sensor then realized that wasn’t it. They determined the one way bearing for the supercharger was not working correctly and was not allowing the supercharger to get full power. It didn’t make sense to me since it was a very consistent problem that continued to get worse however it did fix the problem. I did luck up and remembered that when I bought the boat I had found paperwork showing the previous owner had purchased a 5 year extended warranete. I forgot that I had already transferred it into my name and it expires this month. I lucked up this time. Thanks for all the help.

Eobregon12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, I never got around to updating this. I did finally get it into the shop. At first they thought it was the acceleration sensor then realized that wasn’t it. They determined the one way bearing for the supercharger was not working correctly and was not allowing the supercharger to get full power. It didn’t make sense to me since it was a very consistent problem that continued to get worse however it did fix the problem. I did luck up and remembered that when I bought the boat I had found paperwork showing the previous owner had purchased a 5 year extended warranete. I forgot that I had already transferred it into my name and it expires this month. I lucked up this time. Thanks for all the help.
Hello Alex, thanks for all the info. I’m having the same problem with my Yamaha ar 192. I already change the clutch but I’m still having the same issue. Could you please send me the link to the bearing to see if it’s also my problem in my boat.
Regards.

moses858

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Looking for ideas on what’s going on with my boat, I’m stumped.

A little background. I have a 2014 SX192 that I purchased used last year. The boat only had around 14 hours on it and I bought it from the shop that was servicing it. Currently the boat has around 55 hours.

The first half of the summer the boat ran perfectly, turn the key and go. Around the middle of the summer I had something peculiar happen. We launched the boat and idled out away from the ramp as we always do. Once ready I pushed the throttle down. The boat reached about 6k rpm and only about 10 to 15 mph. Not sure what was going on I pulled back to neutral position and tried again. Worked perfectly the second time reaching full rpm and full speed. Didn’t think anything else about it and it ran great the rest of the day.

The next day we had the exact same issue except this time I had to pull back to neutral a couple times before it would run correctly. By the end of the summer the issue had progressively gotten worse. Each time taking longer than the last. Once it was running fine for the day it seemed to run fine the rest of the day with starting and stopping throughout a trip. The last time we had the boat out last year it took almost an hour of idling around before it would run correctly.

I recently had the boat serviced hoping maybe I had a fouled plug or the shop would find something obvious. I was able to get it on the river last week with my fingers crossed only to see it’s still doing it.

What’s throwing me for a loop is that it’s not a problem that comes and goes. Once it started last year it’s happened every time sense and progressively worse than the last time. Any suggestions are welcome, PLEASE HELP, summer if right around the corner.

Items I’ve already looked at:
Wear Ring appears to be in great shape
New plugs
Throttle cable looks to be adjusted correctly
Cooling ports appear to be flowing properly
The inspection port locks in position fully

Thanks,

Alex
I have a 2023 222xe and im having the same issue when i first leaving the ramp only 15mph and i mess with the throttle and then it goes , you ever found out the issue?