• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Accelerator Position Sensor Issue

albett3

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi,

Finally got the boat in the water and was having issues with the Starboard engine. It would work fine and then the light would come on and would not rev over 3000 RPM. The No Wake mode buttons worked. Fortunately I bought the YDS Cable and Software a couple years ago and was able to get error codes 132 & 135 which it states is the Accelerator position sensor. I am having trouble finding the part for this. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not positive as I have a newer boat but I would think it's at the end of the throttle cable in the engine compartment

albett3

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is what I am thinking but am having a hard time trying to find the part number. Thanks!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
From my experience, any error code can be caused by low voltage or other random electrical issues. Turn the batteries off or even unplug your ECU and wait 30 minutes. See if it clears up the problem.

I had the same code last week and had to idle to the dock. Couldn't find anything wrong. Problem went away after unplugging ECU.

Pretty sure my problem was caused by YDS. I was cruising around watching boost pressure and engine temps and forgot to exit/disconnect YDS and shut my laptop. At next startup I couldn't get over 2000 rpm and it was showing the Accelerator position sensor code.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Another time the ECU showed cam position sensor code. Turned out to be a bad connection on the map sensor. It may be something simple and unrelated to the code shown.

albett3

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks. I have a switch that kills the batteries so that isn’t it. How do I unplug the ECU?

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
It's the black box in the engine compartment. There are 3 connectors. Before plugging back in, make sure the orange gaskets on the plug are in position.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's the black box in the engine compartment. There are 3 connectors. Before plugging back in, make sure the orange gaskets on the plug are in position.
You should only have to pull the fuse on the ECU. It's located on the face of the ECU under a round cap on mine.

albett3

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski - Just wanted to let you know that I replaced the sensor and boat is running great now. Thanks again for your help!