• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Accessing Pop-Up Cleats

Robert Sands

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi everyone,

The past few times out in the boat I've noticed that the washers and nuts are coming off my pop-up cleats. I find them in odd places in the boat. Right now it's just the mid-ship cleats, but if this happened to the port and starboard mid-ship cleats I fear I need to tighten or fix the rest of them.

My main issue is, how to you get to them, starting with the mid-ship cleats? I know one other member of our forum had this issue, but I couldn't see a fix on that thread. Thanks.

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had all kinds of hardware in the bottom of my boat. Hose clamp. Pen. Washers. Sheet metal screws. I think in my case they dropped it during assembly and said screw it and grabbed a new one. Im curious how your going to get to your cleats on the back side.