• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Accessory cluster not working ....

Shans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys , I have a new to me 2018 AR195 , and when I turn the key to the accessory position the cluster gauges don’t work. Battery is 12.4V and everything else works fine when the battery is on , except the cluster. When I press one of the buttons on the cluster it flickers for a second and goes black again. When the engine is running the cluster works fine.. Any recommendations ??

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't believe the cluster comes alive in the accessory position like a car would, at least it doesn't on my '18 SX195 like your AR. I always have to "bump" the starter to get it to come alive and see fuel level and such.

Shans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't believe the cluster comes alive in the accessory position, at least it doesn't on my '18 SX195. I always have to "bump" the starter to get it to come alive and see fuel level and such.
Well, that would definitely explain why.
Next time you turn your key to the accessory position , press one of the buttons on the cluster you use to toggle through your gauges, when I do that it seems like the cluster tries to turn on.
thanks for the reply.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Confirmed mine doesn't do anything either. Pushing button while in accessory mode, the cluster chatters, but nothing more.

Shans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Confirmed mine doesn't do anything either. Pushing button while in accessory mode, the cluster chatters, but nothing more.
Yeah a design flaw for sure