• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ace 300 oil leak

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Alright there is a reason I flush my bilge and keep it as clean as possible and it has paid off. I was cleaning the bilge and noticed oil flushing out. It wasn’t enough to see till I flushed and tilted the boat. Now with that being said I went from happy hause to pissed off LOL. So after completely cleaning it I started to trace the oil leak. Now I found that there is a plug on the head on the back side of the motor just above the head gasket. This is where the drip is coming from. Has anyone else had this issue? I was going to tighten it down but first want to contact brp so they know a head of time incase this is a bigger issue. It might be cross treaded based on how it looks or maybe it’s the sealant they used throwing the look off. My guess is this a drain port or leak down test port or something. Any buddy know?

Attachments