• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

add ons when buying a new boat

Chuckslads

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hello all...plan on buying an AR195 come October when the boat show rolls into town. Gonna try and negotiate the price as much as I can but understand I may not have much luck. Was wondering what add ons should I ask for in lieu of a better price?

:Welcome: to the best darn forums on the ole interwebs! Normally I would say have them throw in a warranty, a boat cover, USCG equipment. But with the way the boat market is today and hopefully by OCT it will improve from a buyers standpoint. But you may be stuck with whatever the MSRP is and a clean boat when you pick her up....:(. The used market is where you might want to try if you are looking for add ons, most of us will have already added on the cool things and then decide to upsize or get out of the boat all together. I would suggest anything from '16 on since you are already in the new market price range. You may want to add your zip in your profile in case someone around you comes across a good deal or wants to sell their boat. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice...i live near Annapolis, Md...21108

I bought our 2020 212s at the boat show. There was little negotiation as the dealer sells allot of boats.. They threw in the coast guard kit, and the 1st service. I also received 3% off MSRP, 20% off any accessories including the mooring covers.
We have a very good dealer who has been around forever, so we were happy with what we were able to get.

@Chuckslads When I got my boat the first week of May, I got Anchor (meh, not great) 100' of anchor line, 6 3/8's inch ropes, Fire extinguisher, 4 USCG Approved Vests, a throwable cushion. An Oar, two fenders, and fender rope. Also 15 -20% off accessories through December. Thought that was great.

But now that I have had my boat for almost 2.5 months, I don't use any of the free stuff except the fire extinguisher. I upgraded my anchors to Mantus M1's, got better and high visibility anchor line (green), replaced all my ropes and dock lines with high quality floating lines. My bow line is 20' long so if dropped it wont make it back to my intake grates. All my PFD's have been replaced with the proper type vests and I have also purchased 4 Mustang Survival MIT 100's inflatables we wear when crossing rough water are at dawn or dusk. Fenders have been upgraded to Mission Sentry, 2 of them. I also upgraded the Fire Extinguishers.

So in the end, everything that I got free sits in a box in the garage except for the throwable cushion which I tied a long rope to.

Also I have purchased a Bow Cover that snaps on that I had the dealer install and the Mooring Cover, which was about 900 bucks. The Bow cover is in case I am in rough water I can use it to mitigate water coming over the bow.

If I had to do it all over again and I wanted to put something on the table or negotiate with, and now would be a tough time with boat sales, I would ask for the following: "Whether you get it or not or at least 1 of them is the challenge".

1) Extend the Warranty for no cost.
2) Mooring Cover
3) Bow Cover installed
4) Free 10 hr service or throw in the Oil Change kits at no charge with a decent oil extractor.
5) Better Anchors

The USCG kit in the end was not used and all replaced by me with better stuff. (But it got me on the water the next day while I figured out what I wanted and ordered it.) Although I was told in Michigan that all new boats must come with them by the dealer, not sure if that is factual or not.

FWIW If and when I upgrade to the next Yamaha I will be trying to work in those items first, if possible.

Now don't get me wrong, I purchased almost 5k OTD under MSRP so I got a hell of a deal. But I am assuming next time I go to the table I will have to work for it.

Hope sharing my experience helps you.

hello all...plan on buying an AR195 come October when the boat show rolls into town. Gonna try and negotiate the price as much as I can but understand I may not have much luck. Was wondering what add ons should I ask for in lieu of a better price?
The price of the boat doesn't vary too much (we shopped around a lot), but the incentives can. At the boat show they generally offer a cash rebate, maybe lower interest rates, etc. But if you can negotiate a bit, you should be able to get that plus some freebies. We bought after the boat show as we were undecided, but thanks to COVID boats were not selling and we scored about the same price with better spring rebates.

We didn't need any other accessories as we already had everything we needed from the old boat and better stuff than what dealers toss in, but asked them to throw in the full mooring cover ($1100 CDN). We did buy a Fortress G7 anchor (super light at 4 lbs) and it works great, but because it's so light you have to set it carefully or it won't catch. Once it catches though, it holds as well as my old 20 lbs steel danforth. They're pricey, but they are so light and so easy to lower over the side it'll be worth it when I'm older, and they won't rust or corrode.

Aside from stuff like that, you need to figure out what YOU need in your purchase. Good luck!

1. Warranty
2. Mooring Cover
3. 10hr Service
4. Dual Battery
5. Center Bow Cushion
6. Sea Deck Vs Carpet?
7. CC kit/Fire extinguisher/Lines
8. If no to 1-7 then oil/filter for do it yourself'er
9. Sunglasses
10. Hat

Back