• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Added a second battery, drained both! (BATTERY HELP)

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keep in mind that if this switch doesn't have an OFF position you'll have potential issues with any parasitic draw. This is a 4 way that shows the OFF. Cant tell in your photo if you have that option or not.

View attachment 128486
I was thinking the same thing but didn’t think it would make sense for one to exist without an OFF position. Optical illusion?

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Keep in mind that if this switch doesn't have an OFF position you'll have potential issues with any parasitic draw. This is a 4 way that shows the OFF. Cant tell in your photo if you have that option or not.

View attachment 128486
Yes, the switch does have an off position! Camera angle hides it 😂 A07B68B1-4826-4C81-82E4-63AFB30976F8.jpeg

nbiongo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My goal was just to have a “larger battery”. Just so it didn’t die while anchored playing the music through the new speakers. The switch was off, and then the next morning both batteries were dead. So a new 3 way switch is the way to go ??
this is the setup I used to add a 2nd battery to my boat. Use a 1/2/All/off switch 891C7672-83C7-4FC1-A6AF-51B7AED19DD5.png

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All good info, ill just add that using 2 different battery ages, chemistry or capacities will not work on the same circuit. Reason being is that one will always act as a resistor in the circuit and prematurely drain the other battery resulting in a failed power system. Not only that, but they would never charge correctly wired in parallel. Also, if not a sealed acid or gel AMG type battery, you need to check your electrolyte biannually. If one of the cells get dry it will ruin your ability to charge and absolutely kill your available amps. you can check for dead cells with a hygrometer.