• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Added Tinted windows and Veve Guides

@Cory actually that is probably tied for number 1 for me also. We have a steep ramp, with the boat on trailer easy to back up, boat off can't see anything, my son has to guide me down. Hoping this saturday will be able to do it by myself now that the Veve guides are installed. I actually had a 6 month old 2013 GMC 1500 crew cab diamond white. a week after I bought the boat I had to go trade it in for a 2013 1500 crew cab diamond white in 4wd. My first truck would not pull the boat up the ramp as the angle actually made the trailer get up on two wheels at the apex of the ramp.

Our neighborhood ramp runs out of concrete after about 35 ft, then just gravel.

Last edited:
So far my Denali has been able to pull it out without issue. I can back it in without the guides using the side mirrors but I've been teaching my 17 year old to back it in and I need all the help I can get

I like the guides as I can't see the empty trailer to back up without them

Concur with Cory. If I only had the guide posts for backing and not loading, I would still buy them. It is like backing up a football goal post when boat is not loaded.

@Cory yea the Denali would work fine for me to as its AWD or at least mine 2006 was not sure about yours.

Tint looks great! No go for me. I do late night navigation on the river and need all the visibility I can get! Logs like to come out at night!

@steined , agreed. I like to be off the lake at least 30 minutes before dark so i'm good.

I used 5% on my first yjb but went with 30% on my current yjb. Why? Simple really, when underway we often secure the center window in the open position. Looking through two windows with 5% is all but impossible.

Reduced night vision isn't a problem since i try to be off the water before dark and I usually look over the windshield when I'm driving but I'd do those things even without tint.

Very nice. I have the same guides and lights (lights not installed yet). What was the issue with the wiring, difficult to get wires through the bend in the metal tubing? Could you post a close-up pic of the guides? Thanks.

I know the covers can be slid over the posts. My concern is will they go over the light end caps? I read the covers are tight and the end caps are larger. Since all my wiring is complete I am not able to remove the caps. Sorry I should have clarified that earlier.

My covers have elastic on both ends, I think they could clear a lighted end cap.

Those are def my next two mods!! looks great!!

My covers slide over the lights with no problem

I used 5% on my first yjb but went with 30% on my current yjb. Why? Simple really, when underway we often secure the center window in the open position. Looking through two windows with 5% is all but impossible.

Reduced night vision isn't a problem since i try to be off the water before dark and I usually look over the windshield when I'm driving but I'd do those things even without tint.

That's a good point that I didn't think of, my wife is the first one to bring up getting the tint, but I can see her complain if it is too dark when we have the center window open.

I think my windshield could be painted black for what difference it makes, I never sit in the chair to drive it, always look over the windshield anyway.

Beyond the wake

Looks good thanks...hopefully the beer comes with it!

That's a good point that I didn't think of, my wife is the first one to bring up getting the tint, but I can see her complain if it is too dark when we have the center window open.

I still think the boats look great with the window completely tinted and I lived with the inability to see through two for years. It wasn't until I got a new boat that I decided to go with a lighter shade instead of 5% or nothing (on the center window). In retrospect, nobody complain in the first year but everyone (myself included) complained in the years after that.

Thanks I went with the Limo tint i think its called 5% they charged $275 out the door.

I just brought my 212x to a tint shop. he quoted me $575. cant say I saw that coming. $675 for the best of the best......both at 20% tint

Guess its time to shop around

@justason thats a rip. Actually when I showed up with the boat on tint day the guy told me $550. I told him I was quoted $275 2 weeks ago, He says who told you that? I said you, its right here on this paper quote you gave me. Oh ok guess we will honor that then. What a Jackass.

Back