• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding to Connext

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone know if you can add buttons to connext? For example on my 212 LTDS there aren’t tower curtesy lights or a tower curtesy light button on the light screen of the connext. They are present on the 24 ft model with the same connext unit. If I added lights, besides just wiring them into the curtesy switch anyway to add to my connext to make it like the 24ft? I’d light to add a wash down pump and run it off the shower switch on the connext but the icon isn’t on my screen.
Thanks!

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Didn’t know if anyone has figured out how to add anything to connexts? Wanted to add docking lights and you’d think I’d be able to wire them into connexts and somehow get the button to work on it?

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Connext system isn't modifiable. Its basically a GUI written on an ACTI-Vision 1230 screen. You would have to modify the GUI (computer coding) to allow for the addition of the items you wish to connect (i.e tower lights/docking lights/shower switch, etc.) I would assume you also risk the chance of bricking the control head. I do not know the language it is written in and ACTIA does not provide that type of information on their website.

Augieol65

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you so much for that response. I figured it would be a stretch just thought it would be cool if I could. Physical button it is

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There's a thread here somewhere (that I can't find) that contains the model codes for connext. They're need in case you get a replacement screen, and if you put in the incorrect model number you'll either be missing features or have features you can't use. I wonder if you could find the model code for the limited S, and maybe use the pinouts that normally go to that feature?

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wish they did offer a way to modify the connext system but ended up just adding physical switches myself. I am interested in the tower lights you installed? Which lights did you use and where/how did you mount them?

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There's a thread here somewhere (that I can't find) that contains the model codes for connext. They're need in case you get a replacement screen, and if you put in the incorrect model number you'll either be missing features or have features you can't use. I wonder if you could find the model code for the limited S, and maybe use the pinouts that normally go to that feature?
The setting that you are talking about is only used on the older 7" ADU displays (Very large bezel). The newer MFD displays (Small bezels, more flush mount) no longer use that type of configuration method. Just an FYI.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The setting that you are talking about is only used on the older 7" ADU displays (Very large bezel). The newer MFD displays (Small bezels, more flush mount) no longer use that type of configuration method. Just an FYI.
Good to know, guess I've got the old janky crap :)