• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding tower speakers on 215

Casey_215HO

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Looking for some help... my 215 HO has the upgraded stereo with 3 amp's etc... but it didn't have the tower speakers.

I picked up a set of the factory speakers and have found the wiring in the tower and have them all mounted / connected but I'm getting no audio. Anyone know where the heck you find / connect the tower speakers to the amp / radio...?

Thanks!

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
In the port side console is there a switch next to the stereo head unit ?

Casey_215HO

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I don't have a switch next to the head unit just a subwoofer adjustment and usb port...

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Speakers are all connected in serial, I saw a diagram somewhere.

It could be bad waiting

I will have a look later today, I may have downloaded the diagram on my pc.

Maybe our guru @ScarabMike knows :)

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats not a subwoofer adjustment, its a tower speaker adjustment. If your boat didnt come with them, then you need to look inside the console where the amps are, and check the RCA plugs on that knob.

Honestly, Scarab did a piss poor job wiring the boats. You are better off running new wires to your speakers. It took me about 2 hours, and I changed out the amp and sub. Now the system sounds awesome.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just note I sold @Casey_215HO the speakers and they worked in my boat and I checked it right before sending them out. So the speakers work, which means it has to be wiring or amp. Like Mike said, your better off rewiring the whole boat if you can.

Casey_215HO

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Found the issue last night... I removed the port side trim panel and found the speaker wires that were in the tower were never run back into the stereo just hung about a foot past the bottom of the tower. You guys are correct that the knob in the dash is for speaker volume but mine controls only the swim deck speakers. So in the end it looks like they were nice enough at the factory to run the speaker wires in the tower even if you didn't order the tower speakers but they don't run it back to the amps.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What's unbelievable though is that they couldn't just run them near the amps and labeled it. That would've made a lot of sense haha

Casey_215HO

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm just happy the wires were in the tower! that would have been a nightmare to try and fish wires through.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jet Boater 4 Life (JB4L)

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
If you really think about it from a boat building stand point. The wires are mounted in the tower already, there for part of the tower. The tower I'm guessing is then installed. If tower speakers aren't ordered, then there is no need to connect them to anything. So the speaker connector is there and accessible if needed in the future.

It is a time saver having the wires already ran in the tower. That's for sure.