• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adjust steering on Scarab 165id

Hergy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Is the steering on the Scarab 165id adjustable? If so, does anyone know how to do it? I have to turn the wheel about a 1/4 turn from center to keep the boat straight. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Yes. As in, you can adjust a nut. But I'm not sure how to get to it in the more recent model designs like yours.

Behind the gauges, where the steering column goes, there's a nut you can turn to adjust the steering. I've done it on mine to correct that offset as well. But mine is the older design 165. It requires me to remove only 6 screws and the storage tray comes off revealing the back of the gauge cluster, steering cable, etc.

And just to make sure... you're using the steering wheel itself as the reference, and not the Scarab logo in the middle? Just because that logo can turn inside the steering wheel.

Yes. As in, you can adjust a nut. But I'm not sure how to get to it in the more recent model designs like yours.

Behind the gauges, where the steering column goes, there's a nut you can turn to adjust the steering. I've done it on mine to correct that offset as well. But mine is the older design 165. It requires me to remove only 6 screws and the storage tray comes off revealing the back of the gauge cluster, steering cable, etc.
Thank you! I will have to look at how to gain access to it.

I heard it's a major pain in the newer designs. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If you do gain access, I found the only way to judge was by trial and error. Lining up the jet nozzle visually didn't really work. I couldn't eyeball it. It was better to adjust the nut a few turns and give her a spin until I found the center position.

Back