• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adult Tiramisu

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As we all know they're multi versions of Tiramisu desserts. In fact I think it is on every Italian restaurant dessert menu and many other restaurants dessert menus as it is easy to make. Some are good and some are not so good. I found this recipe in the Ballymaloe Dessert Cookbook which I bought back in December. I have mad a number of desserts for it an most I have enjoyed and others are am still learning to make.

Like most Tiramisu it is relative easy to make, however, it is not like any I have ever had in a restaurant. It clearly lives up to its name which means "pick-me-up as it has both liquor and caffeine to fire you up.

the recipe calls for:
1 1/2 cups of espresso or others strong coffee. I used espresso
3 tablespoons of dark rum
3 tablespoons of brandy (I used Grand Mariner)
3 oz semisweet chocolate
3 extra large eggs separated (you can use the equivalent of large eggs)
1/4 cup of extra fine sugar (regular sugar would work)
9 oz of mascarpone cheese (I used 8 because the container only came with
8)

40 lady fingers
2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder for decoration ( I found my grindings from by chocolate was more then sufficient)

Place the coffee in a bowl and add the brandy and the rum. Allow it to cool
Roughly chop the chocolate or use a food processor on the pulse function
Whisk the eggs yolks with sugar until it is light and fluffy and holds a ribbon on the surface about 5 minutes.
Mix in the mascarpone 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth and creamy. whip egg whites in a clean bowl to a stiff peak and gently fold in the egg mixture.

Assemble the dish. Dip the each lady finger in the coffee mixture about 2 to 3 second no longer as the will break apart. Place one layer on the bottom of the bowl add a layer of the mascarpone mixture then a layer of the chocolate and repeat two or three more times top with the chocolate. place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours over or overnight.DSC04159.jpegDSC04154.jpeg