• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advice for setting up a new trailer?

Chewiem16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, trailer guy is no help. He keeps telling me to bring it around next week. I’ve contacted Venture to see if they can help. I think part of my issue is that my cross members have a double drop preventing me from pushing the vertical bunks wider to sit on the strakes. If I can flip the bunks somehow and make it horizontal I think that it’l work better. But not sure about the integrity of the boards that direction with the weight.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Chewiem16 I had the same thought, comparing the vertical bunks to the horizontal ones on the factory Shorelander I sure like the horizontal option better. The load would certainly be better spread on horizontal but gave up on the idea though - I think they'd have to be reinforced (T shape) to make me feel comfortable. Local trailer guy said nah, it's fine, FWIW.
(One thing in my favor is that our boat lives on a lift in season and we only trailer a few miles between launch and storage at start and end of season...)

Chewiem16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
T shape might even work, if I can get 2x6 instead of 2x8s. The boat sits high already, it’s a pAin getting it off the trailer at the ramp. Maybe even using 2 2x6s stacked on top of each other. Fingers crossed for a solution by the manufacture. I want to take the boat upstate, but I’m afraid to drive far with it like this.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length