• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

advice for upgrading audio in 22 210 FSH

jjwelly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey all, been researching here on options to upgrade my factory system, and would like to get some help and clarifications. Currently the audio system is stock, consisting of 2-6.5" in the front and 2-6.5" in the center console/helm run by a Jensen ( i believe a JMS32). It's quite terrible really, especially the two in the console which face outward. I'm thinking of replacing all 4 with Kicker KM 4 ohm, and adding 2 more mounted to my tower towards the front, in some Rockville tower enclosures. Hoping that mounting them forward will provide good sound while at the helm where I spend most of my time, while also providing good sound when at the back deck or in the water behind. I'd also like to add a 8" or 10" sub mounted in the center console. I'd like to replace my head unit as well. I'm trying to figure out what I need as far as amp(s) and wiring for the 6-6.5" speakers. I feel the 2 mounted in the helm don't provide a lot of directional sound, thinking I could possibly wire the 2 front and the 2 helm speakers in parallel, thinking I won't need any fading/adjusting between them. If i do this, I could use the rear/fade function of a radio to control the 2 tower speakers, eliminating the need for a 2 zone setup. If done this way, I don't know if getting a 5 channel amp would be good or going 4 channel and a monoblock is preferred. Or maybe it's not a good idea to wire the 4 cabin speakers together, which would require moving the tower speakers to a zone 2 setup and then I don't know what to do about amps, getting 6 channel amp, or 2-4 channel amps... I think before I go into selecting brand/models of amps, sub, and head unit, I need to understand which setup is preferred and then figure out which amp(s) and channels I would need. Budget, I know this gets asked first here, and I think I'd say somewhere in the $1500 range, but it's flexible if it makes sense to adjust. I'm aware that there are plenty of posts with similar questions, and I'm sorry for that, but I'd like to have some specific help for my particular install.

I ordered QTY 4 - JL Audio M3-650X for the front and side helm speakers, along with a set of WS Recon 6 towers, 1-JL M3 10" subwoofer, and a WS-MC-2 head unit. Now I just need to figure out how to wire/amp this setup.

Back