• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Advice from Scarab owners needed...

Yes, that's the one. There's one on the top and one on the bottom. The difference is that bushing/sleeve for the bottom one. To change it, it's just a matter of pulling off the bottom bolt, take the bushing out, flip it 180 deg and put it back in. BUT of course that means changing your bucket to match it to maintain neutral.

As for spray or differences, honestly, I couldn't tell. It probably does make a difference, but it was imperceptible in every manner. I suspect they did this on mine to try and reduce porpoising which the 165 is prone to. But even for that, I can't even tell the difference.

I realized this when my bucket, one random outing, came down while at speed. The boat stopped as if I had thrown an anchor out. Water came over top of us all over and flooded the boat. We were in shock and didn't know what had happened. It was because the bucket wasn't latching and I didn't realize it because of this adjustment. It's unlikely to come down, but it CAN come down. Someone else recently posted that their bucket ripped clean off. The metal literally sheared and they lost their bucket.

IF your nozzle is indeed pointing down, I recommend you change it and adjust the bucket accordingly. But many don't have the bucket latching. It isn't a problem until it is. lol

If somebody messed around with it, I bet you this is why your bucket isn't latching, just like mine.

Thanks for that tip, I flipped that bushing around and now I have good neutral. I think it was inadvertently put in backwards before I bought the boat. I probably will still need to work on it to get the bucket to lock but I want to check to see if it locks when its in the water before I mess with it. It does seem to have a little more spray up out of the water now though.

Well then, glad you discovered that. If your bucket locks on land, it will lock on the water. From what I've seen, you want the bucket just high enough to catch properly when in full forward. That seems to be the best of both worlds with regards to latching and neutral. But, at least for me, it's impossible to get perfect neutral AND latch. But my neutral creeps very minimally forward when I make it just latch.

Back