• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advice on Yamaha AR 230

Icatfish247

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it's all relative. It was my brother in law's first time on a boat last summer and I remember him making a comment that he was surprised it was as quiet as it was. But as others have said, if you have a lot of boating experience it may seem comparatively loud.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a 2005 ar230 as my first boat and love it. I was worried at first too but all was resolved on the first trip. They are a little loud but I did some sound proofing in the engine compartment and it helped out a little bit. I am not positive but I think there may be some 2004 that were still 2 strokes. I would say to make sure you get a 4 stroke but I am no expert.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All of the 230 series boats have 4 stroke engines. It is the rediculously fast 2003 to 2005 210 series that has 2 stroke engines.

Up to 2007 the default engines for the 230 series were approximately 140 HP MR1 engines with 160 HP MR1 HOs as an option. After 2007 all 230s have the HO engines. The non HO engines top out around 8,000 rpm. HO engines spin up to 10,200 rpm.

We take lots of guests out on our 2007 SX230. No one has ever complained about the noise. Children often fall asleep to the sound of the engines.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok it was the 210, thanks. I knew it was something.

Zachprerun99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok cool I'm sure it won't be a problem then thanks guys!

Jlmathews1101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
New
Planning to go look at a 2004 AR 230 in a few weeks. They seller is asking $15,500. I'm planning on having a mobile boat mechanic come look the boat over for $125.

There's also a 2005 SX 230 but the seller is firm at $18,000 so I'm leaning toward the 2004.

Can anyone share any opinions on price or comparisons from an 04 to an 05?

Top Bottom