• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aerial Freeride install on a 2015 SX190

Astinus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m having issues on where to mount the tower. It seems to be too far back when I mount it as close to the factory mounts as possible. My other option is to put the front mount on the side and the back mount at the factory mounting location.

Anyone had any luck with this tower and mounting on the side of the boat or had any luck reinforcing the side of the boat it looks pretty thin.

My friend owns a body shop and has given me several types of high density material that they use to make wings and body kits for High-end vehicles. I was going to reinforce about 2 foot long and 8 inches high several layers totaling up about 1 inch of reinforcement with epoxy.

My question is this a bad idea? How would you reinforce her?

I posted a photo of a different boat but the exact same idea.

Attachments

Astinus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Almost complete good news is she is installed. The main issue I had with it sitting so far back was when you entered the boat from the rear you had to duck now you do not.

If it does break repair the fiberglass and wrap the boat lol

Attachments

Astinus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope it’s a rock for pulling I just would not have people doing pull ups on it. I took off all the mounts after about 20 hours this weekend on the water and no stress cracks on the fiberglass so I hope I’m good.

We use the tower for wake boarding, wake foiling and kneeboarding. We had a 225 pound guy on a wakeboard for his first time About 10 tries to get him up so I know I stressed it.

Astinus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length