• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

After boating for the day

Aaron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have heard about Hot Sauce and a few other items....what do you guys typically do to your boat after you take it out of the water? I am new to the jet boat world. I will be only in fresh water.
Thanks.

HidnNOS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When you pull it out of the water or raise it on a lift I go down both sides spraying it down, then follow back with two towels to polish/dry the boat. Takes a couple minutes tops but makes a huge difference in appearance!

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I think Mel @txav8r has a checklist for that :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If you mist it with fresh water before you sparingly mist with Hot Sauce, and use a microfiber towel for the second towel, it will shine like a fresh wax job!

Dave

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you mist it with fresh water before you sparingly mist with Hot Sauce, and use a microfiber towel for the second towel, it will shine like a fresh wax job!
X2.... I also am learning to love the condition sauce and the vinyl sauce.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly how I do it. I use the cold water from my coolers and a big microfiber towel to wipe down the boat before the water spots form. Then a quick spritz (as opposed to a mist) of my favorite detailer/cleaner...which these days happens to be Last Touch:
http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product/4644
Because I 've found it's like Frank's Hot Sauce (not to be confused with the other sauces) cuz I put that sh*t on everything!

And on the vinyl and rubber stuff I use 303 Aerospace Protectant - blocks the UV rays:cool:
http://www.303products.com/

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am a big fan of the wiping the exterior done with Boat Bling Hot Sauce right after taking it out of the water. I also wipe the interior down with Boat Bling Vinyl Sauce and love the way both products clean and protect the boat. I am borderline fanatical about keeping the boat spotless and these products are worth every penny.

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No vinegar/water mixture? Is that overkill? I thought the 20% vinegar minimizes waterspotting?
Not doubting you Mel, just seeing SO many ideas floating around (no pun intended) it's hard to grasp all the info without confusion setting in? LOL

TonkaTuff

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Actually Mel is right on. When my dad saw me use Hot Sauce, his said that explains it. I said what are you talking about. He said I thought it looked awful clean for you never coming out to wash or wax it.

One thing I did was try a sample pack from Will. Then once I was sold on it, I kept the sample bottle in the boat and refilled it. The sample bottle is small and handy to keep on the boat.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Truth be told, the Hot Sauce does have vinegar and water in it too, but that isn't all, it has a small amount of liquid wax. Not enough to put any protectant on the gelcoat, just enough to give it a nice sheen. And you could make up a mixture of vinegar and water much cheaper obviously...but it would only cut spotting, not make it shine. Hot Sauce is an excellent detailer. But if you have baked on water spots, you may need to use Duckies or make up stronger vinegar and water to cut them loose. Hot sauce is meant to be used on fresh ones, not on old ones. Or you can use it 2 or 3 times and get them off too generally if they aren't too bad. The key is using it on a damp boat, so misting with water makes the job much easier!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
x 1000...this works perfectly! I learned from the best :)

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mel, do you have a link for Hot Sauce or the Boat Bling products? I got some when it first came out years ago and ran out of what little I had a couple of years back, thus my substitution of my car care and other products. What little I know of all the shenanigans over at YJB and the "Store" is that Will got bumped and Brian started selling it? Is that close?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you sir!

Just what I needed. I'll order up a gallon of it. Fifty bucks is a damn good price....and I love the smell. I remember that my daughter actually enjoyed helping me wipe the boat down when I use it. :cool:

TexasTea

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't used the hot sauce yet but plan on doing it...one day. I wash the exterior and interior of the boat after every use and give it a wax at least annually, normally before I put her up for winter. Maybe if I use the hot sauce I can wash every other time we go out? It's a PITA washing it after every use but I can stand the thought of it being put away without being washed.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't used the hot sauce yet but plan on doing it...one day. I wash the exterior and interior of the boat after every use and give it a wax at least annually, normally before I put her up for winter. Maybe if I use the hot sauce I can wash every other time we go out? It's a PITA washing it after every use but I can stand the thought of it being put away without being washed.
TT, you may find that you don't actually "Wash" the boat all that much after it's been cleaned with the detailing spray on a regular basis.
Next time you go out try the water / detailing spray approach. Where I boat the combination of hard water and high temps can spot a boat up in seconds. And with a black hull that can get ugly fast.
Even on those long days when you pull the boat when the sun sets and it's still 100+ outside, I'll wipe it down in the dark if I have to. It just makes it so much easier down the road. I do the trailer too. Sure, my buddy's sit back and laugh, most don't wipe down until the last day of a trip, but I notice they take twice as long due to the build up of water deposits. :cool: