• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket T-top

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Has anyone purchased an aftermarket t-top for the 190 FSH? I have the bimini but have been looking at a t-tops from different suppliers. Currently, I like Dolphin t-tops. I also have Seadek installed and they said it could either be mounted on on top of the Seadek or I could cut it away to reveal the deck. Any opinions or experience with this?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I would never mount anything that should be solidly mounted on top of seadek. If you don’t want a very shaky tower it needs to mount to the deck itself.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I thought the same thing when they suggested it. It would not be difficult to trace the base connector of the t/top to the deck and just cut it out. Then I would cut a small channel for water to drain out from around the base so it wouldn't pool. If it were easy to remove the Seadek and just buy new Seadek I would. Alas, that isn't the case.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would mount it cut around the mount with an X-Acto knife then peel up to see deck from under it and re-mount it tightly.
Just my $.02

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I purchased a fishmaster and like it a lot based on none boating inspection only. Still waiting for the hardwater to disipate to give it a try. I would not mount anything ontop of seadeck. That seems like it would significantly takeaway from the stability and rigidity of any structural boat accessory.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I purchased a fishmaster and like it a lot based on none boating inspection only. Still waiting for the hardwater to disipate to give it a try. I would not mount anything ontop of seadeck. That seems like it would significantly takeaway from the stability and rigidity of any structural boat accessory.
In agreement. Thanks!