• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket Tower on AR190

cdjeeps25

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
I've been looking at buying a 19ft AR Series boat and I cam across this AR190 with an aftermarket tower.
I contacted the owner about the boat and they claimed they got the boat "as is." It has stumped me on why someone would install an aftermarket tower on the AR series boats. Possibly damage? Let me know what you think.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Why does a 2017 have a brand new trailer??? Why is the streerable keel not connected? They added stereo + trailer to their Nada quotes, those things come with the boat. Why are they showing pictures of everything, except the tower attachment points? Does the light work at the top of the tower?

... just a few things to discuss with seller.

Last edited:

cdjeeps25

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Why does a 2017 have a brand new trailer??? Why is the streerable keel not connected?
Noticed that as well, I assume someone pulled the pump housing at some point and didn't slide the fin back into the slot. I'm also noticed the mismatching tire treads.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you HAVE to get a CA boat? If not, find another one. Not sure what the emissions controls due to the performance, but I would avoid them for simplicity sake if possible.

New trailer and tower throw some red flags. I have the same boat (with 128hrs on it). Tires are just starting to show some wear on them (and we trailer every weekend in the summer), and the trailer is still MINT condition. Same with the tower. I can't see why anyone would replace those items without an accident being involved. Especially with a "cheap" looking tower like that. That low price, and those issues, I would be concerned the seller is attempting to dump it to avoid a problem they aren't telling you about.

If you can handle the wonky tower, and you're willing to take a risk, that's a good price. I wouldn't let mine go that cheap!

cdjeeps25

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Do you HAVE to get a CA boat? If not, find another one. Not sure what the emissions controls due to the performance, but I would avoid them for simplicity sake if possible.

New trailer and tower throw some red flags. I have the same boat (with 128hrs on it). Tires are just starting to show some wear on them (and we trailer every weekend in the summer), and the trailer is still MINT condition. Same with the tower. I can't see why anyone would replace those items without an accident being involved. Especially with a "cheap" looking tower like that. That low price, and those issues, I would be concerned the seller is attempting to dump it to avoid a problem they aren't telling you about.

If you can handle the wonky tower, and you're willing to take a risk, that's a good price. I wouldn't let mine go that cheap!
Aren't all yamaha boats sold with the CA equipment? (spark arrestor)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aren't all yamaha boats sold with the CA equipment? (spark arrestor)
CA equipment is more than just a spark arrestor I believe. My boat (not CA certified) had a spark arrestor in the intake manifold (just behind the throttle body, I removed it). To the best of my knowledge, the CA boats come with an actual catalytic converter in the exhaust stream. I'm not 100% certain on this, but I feel like I read it somewhere when researching used boats a few years ago.