• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aftermarket wake tower

Trannyguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey I have an 08 sx 230 and I’m wanting to maybe put a tower on it and was wondering if anyone has an aftermarket tower that they really like and could post some pictures of how they fit. Been looking at monster towers but can’t find many pictures of what they look like on my boat.

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
<--- Not sure how big you can zoom in on the pic.

I have the Monster MTK with the swivel racks on my 06 230. Love it. Great peeps at Monster as well.

I'm not too terribly far from them and they guided me to "a guy" they know to do the install as I didn't trust anyone around me. Turns out the guy was the head tech at Malibu. He knew the people at Yamaha, called them and found the best (strongest) mounting point (top of the gunnels behind windshield. He has a shop in his yard. His son-in-law works in the gel-coat area, so I had him buff out the entire boat and fix a few dings while they had it. Always good to know "a guy".

I went with Monster to get the swept forward look and their pricing was more than fair. Thing doesn't budge at all with tubes, wakeboarder or surfers.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would suggest sticking with the monster towers. I had the traditional collapsing monster tower on my 06 230 and that thing was rock solid when up and collapsed below the windshield. Its not the prettiest tower but man that thing was awesome! The MTK is a nice looking tower as well. Stay away from the Aerial towers...if you need more explanation just take a look at my posts on my old boat with the Aerial Freeride tower. It just wasnt very solid...moved all around.